ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting Problems

Clio 172
Hi Guys, my phase 2 172 has decided to stop starting. My mum has recently been using it regularly as my sister put her car through a hedge. She went to start it this morning and it started a couple of times but it would cut out, now the starter motor turns over for about 2-3 seconds and cuts out without trying to fire up. I had a look at it after she gave up and it was telling me that the oil was low, so i topped it up and then noticed the negative connection on the battery was pretty much off so i put that back on but it made no difference.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dave.

CLIO 172 CUP....
yeah dont let your mum drive it no more....:dapprove:....

sorry but leting my mum drive my (172 cup) would be a (NO NO)...end of.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
top dead centre / crank position sensor has gone would be my guess mate, theres a guide in the guides section

Clio 172
Unfortunately iv had no choice in the matter, i use my van for work so mum thought that theres no point buyin another car so shes usin the clio, to be fair until now its bin runnin more reliably since shes used it everyday and its always got fuel in it, it was a shock 2 her when i said she could only put v power i it though! Think iv fixed the problem anyway, I think the loose battery connection had done something to the imobiliser so i turned the ignition on for 30 seconds, then off, got out and locked the car got back in and it started straight away.