ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting & Revs problem

2001 X Reg 172 PH1
Morning

Ive been reading through the problems on the forums but no-one seems to have the same issue as me,

My car , a PH1 172 , is on increasing number of occasions , struggling to start. It turns over fine, but just doesnt start up. Doesnt happen all the time but is getting more common.

Also when it starts, once the revs settle, if i blip the accelerator the revs drop momentarily before reving. This only seems to happen for a minute or so , till car is warmed up or has been run for a while , it also just feels a little tight , again not all the time and sometimes turing car off and then back on can solve this.

Its been in to renault for a full service , plugged in to clip and there is nothing wrong , only thing the renault bod can suggest is the spark plugs as basically car is fine .

Is this a common spark plug issue , doe you think this will solve it ? its going back to renault to have this done but i want to make sure that i can get is sorted this time .

Thanks for your help

clio (2003) 1.2 16v
did you ever find out what the problem was as i am having similar problems startings and though it could be the spark plugs

Nissan 350z
My car , a PH1 172 , is on increasing number of occasions , struggling to start. It turns over fine, but just doesnt start up. Doesnt happen all the time but is getting more common.

If this mainly happens first thing in the morning after leaving it over night, or parked up for long periods then its the TDC sensor which needs cleaning or replacing which is a common problem.

The tightness you described is also common. Its the ECU throttling the car while it waits for the engine to warm up to Oil Temp (normally about 20mins of driving). You can address this with a custom remap.

BG-182
Hi

I have exactly the same problem! It only really happens when its been a cold night or its been left for over 12 hours over night.

Normally a quick turn off and back on solve the problem.

R