ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting rough

AG 200 CUP
When i start my GT from cold the engine is well the best way i can describe it is struggling it sounds like it's going to stall like its chocking. the revs are really low and just recently it now pops and it has a standard exhaust. After about 10-15 seconds it sorts it self out. A few weeks ago engine management light came on it turned out to be a misfire so i changed the plugs and it's been fine up until now. There is no lights on the dash. There is also a strong smell of petrol when starting it. Could anyone advise what this might be I'm being told most likely ignition coils or the leads? any help would be appreciated cheers

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It's not 1960 anymore - Instead of guessing, why not just have it plugged in for a proper diagnostic session and then know what is wrong? Personally i'd not suspect any of the above suggestions: Coils/Leads and it's more likely to be H02 or CTS related