ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Static shocks

Everytime anyone gets out of my Clio we get bad static shocks, and when sat inside you can run your finger along plastic panels and feel it crackling. Does anyone have any ideas how to stop this. I assume the car is earthed properly as its new.

Ive just started getting this in the last couple of weeks. Wierd thing is Ive been getting it off loads of other stuff too. Computer monitors, photocopiers....its getting annoying. Id also quite like to know how to make it stop!

Revels Mum & Sister

Yeah when I get out my Clio and touch the door. Getting some bad boy static shocks. Also get it when getting out the missus car as well.

Is quite funny but some really hurt. I get them a lot all over the place. I must have a bad earth in my body somewhere. have to check my cabling!

Revels Mum & Sister

I have been wearing the same shoes for about 4 months now and have only just started getting them a lot. So Cant be the shoes!

Maybe I need to stop wearing bin bags on my feet and scuffing along mumbling to myself??

the gud thing about my car is that is shocks the passengers and not me-i htikn u need to be at 1 with ur car.

at work the door handle to my dept has static elec and builds up so we jus wait for the ennoying people to touch it

I have the same problem billabong... :cry:

16v Matt got shocked by my car about 5 times in all the other day ! :D

I now have the skill of pushing the window with my finger to shut the door... ! :D

And yup boyracer666 it is much fun getting the annoying ones... ! :devilish:

I get this too... it was so bad once it left a mark on the end of my finger...

A simple solution though is to hold onto a metal part of the door like above the window while stepping out of the car (keep hold until you foot is on the ground)... this will discharge you without any pain.. rather than a spark shooting out of you somewhere.

Ive also just started getting this on my car, and its only just been within the past few weeks.

Funny thing is 2 of my other mates with clios have the same thing happening and one of my mates with a saxo has started getting shocks as well :confused:

funny how it just started happening....

172 Cup

This must be related to the weather/atmospheric conditions. I never got electric shocks before the weather generally started warming up and now I get them all the time off various cars.

Lee

BMW M2C

I get really bad ones when wearing Adidas country ripple trainers!! I get them off everything metal I touch. The worst thing being the door handle to my office. I have to discharge the shock through my jeans before I dare touch the handle.

When I put the car in the garage at night the spark is often visible.

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Quote: Originally posted by Locky on 12 April 2003

I get this too... it was so bad once it left a mark on the end of my finger...

A simple solution though is to hold onto a metal part of the door like above the window while stepping out of the car (keep hold until you foot is on the ground)... this will discharge you without any pain.. rather than a spark shooting out of you somewhere.
This is the only answer to avoid getting shocks when exiting your car. Open the door and grab the metal frame BEFORE you leave the seat. This way you will discharge the static electricity. It is to do with atmospheric conditions, the clothes you wear, even your metabilism can have an effect.

Hope that helps.

Bob RTE

Mr2 Roadster

Adidas Climacools are the problem, I bought a pair for the gym but I cant use them on the running machine unless I keep touching the rail every ten seconds or I get full on zapped when I get off. Everyone I know who has them gets fried every time they touch anyone or anything...:eek: