ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stealth Exhausts

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Whats the best one to go for? I have ordered one from KTEC but have to wait two weeks. If I can find somewhere else that can give me the same type of exhaust and get it to me earlier I will cancel my order, as Im driving around with no back box atm.

R

rich[182]

Where you from ?
Try Prospeed in Cardiff, Zorstec in Bradford or your local Powerflow - All these will be custom made for circa £300ish fitted, prob can decide how loud you want it too

Burgandy 174 sport t
k-tec imo is not very good, not te best fit in the world and since I put it on its knocking on something

Clio 172 mk2
I had to modify the OE bracket slightly but now it fits fine.

I have heard of fitting problems with this exhaust but TBH I've had fitting probles with most exhausts I've brought over the years anyway.

172 cup
Ive just fitted a stealth. sounds nice, but a crap fit!

Had to gring away a lot of rear mount as the backbox wouldnt go far enough forward to join over axle without blowing. And the center section is pulling back loads on middle mount! As ive had to pull it back so far the clamp is knocking on the axle too!

Could do with center section being about 2" longer where it joins backbox and the center mount at least 1" further forward.

Tim.

Clio 172 mk2
I had a similar problem with the rear mount...had to file out the slots more so I could move it away from the hangar on the backbox to stop it knocking.

No problems since though:D

Burgandy 174 sport t
glad im not the only with problems, the first one I had was gay but gav them the benifit of the doubt this time, I wont again.

Focus RS
I have the same problem with my Ktec stealth, stick anything in the back and it bangs on the rear beam. Had no trouble fitting it though apart from that. Was going to get powerflow to make one but when I contacted top gear in Burnely about it they said they wouldnt be able to make it quiet?? Happy enough with the stealth though

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I went for the Powerflow stealth in the end. Almost considered a tailpipe, but like the clean lines of my car. £270 all in....quite pleased with it too. Not loud, but you can notice that its there, and obviously the fit is perfect.

Ph1
Right at this mo im running a full Magnex but have just got a stealth back box made up at Prospeed yesterday which should arrive with me today. Apparently it comes with a extra rear bracket.

Powerflow told me the biggest back box bore they could get was a 2 and a 1/4, i needed a 2 and a 1/2 ideally to keep with the standard Magnex system as obviously i dont want to restrict flow.