ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stealth for 172: how much from Powerflow?

I got a quote for a cat back stealth exhaust for my 172 from my local powerflow dealer and they are looking for 375 pounds

Got a K-tec stealth; too loud for me.

Spoke to Powerflow; uncertain if they can do what I want

Spoke to local Longlife place though; could be on to a winner! :D

Cheers for the comments

Chocolate Bar™
i used my local powerflow who did it for 280 fully fitted - perfectly just what i wanted.

also did a 172 off here, and that was 280 as well.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Local (Exeter) powerflow quoted me £220 fitted, then when I said it was a stealth systme they said it was only £200 :)

Proper pleased with it as well, sounds just right, good fit and goes well.

M2 Competition
Baldylocks said:
Got a K-tec stealth; too loud for me.

Fancy meeting up during the week mate? Will show ya my zorst, lol, should stop you worrying yours is too loud... ;)

Also, as you get used to it, it seems to get quieter and quieter!

Evoo said:
Local (Exeter) powerflow quoted me £220 fitted, then when I said it was a stealth systme they said it was only £200 :)

Proper pleased with it as well, sounds just right, good fit and goes well.

got any pics of it etc , mite be worth the trip to save 103 pounds on the quote i had from charlie at prospeed in cardif.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Justin-172 said:
got any pics of it etc , mite be worth the trip to save 103 pounds on the quote i had from charlie at prospeed in cardif.

No but will try and do some tomorrow night.

Flame Red 172!
Got a powerflow cat back 'stealth' system for my 172 for £200 - plus when I needed to go back to Bury st Edmunds and have it re-sealed they paid my petrol!

Am quite happy with it in terms of how it sounds and that, just isn't really that 'stealth as you can see the back box below the bumper (didn;t have the right backbox in stock at the time) and I don't really like it at all...thing is I only got it coz I needed one ASAP (original fell off) and needed it cheap.

Gonna get it sorted in the New year, might get a single exit cut out, seen some on here that look sex...:evil:

cock mobile.
Powerflow in Leics did my gfs for £230 on her Punto HGT, it was basically the same as the standard system but stainless.

Anything over £250 for a stealth system is pricey imo.

182 + 5 GT Turbo
Just got the last stealth (version 1) off K-Tec!! It was found in the workshop having covered about 10 miles on their demo 172 car!! Arrived a few days ago and looks as new. My luck was in there chaps as i paid £220 for it! Fitting it myself in the new year.

Big thanks to K-Tec for taking the time to go and have a look round their shop for me. Top blokes.

i used my local powerflow who did it for 280 fully fitted - perfectly just what i wanted.

also did a 172 off here, and that was 280 as well.

Mine was 280 from silver systems in Leek.

the guys there really know there stuff and he sorted me out with something that isnt "intrusive" as i didnt want anything that hurt after driving for a while.

deffo go again

Super timing of this thread as my original has jsut started blowing, merry christmas :(

Ah well did manage 54k on it.

Anyway which out of these two exhaust do people think is the best for motorway driving, leaning towards the powerflow as I an hopefully get it done tomorrow.

Cheers

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Powerflow Exeter, which is right by their head office, did my cat back stealth for £200.

A normal exhaust from them was £230 but as I wasn't having a tailpipe it was only £200.

It's a little noisey, worse on motorways, but overall sound nice and danpl6 said the welds on it were very nice :)

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
yeah i paid £250 for mine, stainless too, in walsall, west mids. bit of a drive for you but worth the saving!