ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steamy rear window...

Renault Clio Sport 182
Now the temp in the morning is dropping again, I have a strange thing happen when I accelerate. When I put my foot down to accelerate hard, the rear window steams up with condensation on the outside...why?? Anything to worry about??

Last edited by a moderator:
  Renault Clio Sport 182
But is it normal for the rear window to steam up like that. I never imagined it would condense on the outside of the rear window. Maybe it seems a stupid question but I was just curious.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Stick the rear heater on for a bit that should solve it.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
the 182 blows gases directly towards the rear (instead downwards like the 172) and because of the turbulence in the back, the vapors end up on your glass. The same thing happens when driving on a damp road at high speeds and the rear window gets sprayed with drops of water, common thing for all hatch backs to get their rear window dirty in some way or another

DMS

A thirsty 172
the 182 blows gases directly towards the rear (instead downwards like the 172) and because of the turbulence in the back, the vapors end up on your glass. The same thing happens when driving on a damp road at high speeds and the rear window gets sprayed with drops of water, common thing for all hatch backs to get their rear window dirty in some way or another

Correct. And generally the faster you drive, the dirtier your windows get as a result. Try it.