ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steerin is gettin worse!!!!

Skoda Fabia vRS

just how bad is it ?

what condition are your wishbone bushes in mate ?

when Andy at GDI put my new wishbones on, he said on one side my existin bushes wer so bad they just fell out

errr.... I *think* if you jack it up securely (or get it on a ramp and on those funny chassis bar things that are in the middle) then grab the top and bottom of the wheel, you can see if the ball joints are gone by whether or not there is movement when you push and pull the top/bottom away from you. (If you see what I mean!)

I could of course be talking bo**ocks, so Id wait until the morning for some techie people to get up! :p My bed is beckoning!

Clio 172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by Essex_Lad on 28 November 2003

i dont know wots wrong wit it, my steerin is all over the place! suddenly my wheels will try and turn left then right and go round corners wit me steerin!

first i thought it was the balance on the wheels so fitted different wheels

next brakes but now changed the whole set up

goin to get the tracking sorted tomorrow

ne thing else that could be wrong wit it?

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=799http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=799 will these help?
my car is the same. I fitted these camber bolts when i had it lowered, and the problem is now worst. God knows wat it is. getting tracking checked for the 5th time tomoz.

Al, could be a number of things as mentioned above, if it was the UJ in the steering column, you would have some play in the wheel when stationary. replacing the bushes will tighten up the suspension to some degree. Are you working this weekend? Maybe I can take a look if Ive time/not hungover.

Torsion Tuning are checkin everything over for me on tuesday inc bushes, wishbones, UJ etc...

might get new bushes ne way so the suspension is tighter and i doubt theyve been replaced ever!

i goin scrappie saturday day then workin saturday night but nuffin sunday!

i found out the bolts in the front subframe were loose when i had the same problem,its rare butits somethin else 2 cheak.

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 29 November 2003

so what did Torsion say mate ?

its not tuesday yet ;)

i got some 16" on now and checked alll the tyre pressures jus waitin to see wot they say bout it!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

You can change the wishbone bushes separatly but its a lot easier just to change the wishbone and if you fit a new wishbone it comes with new balljoints as well.

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Essex_Lad on 29 November 2003

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 29 November 2003

so what did Torsion say mate ?

its not tuesday yet ;)

i got some 16" on now and checked alll the tyre pressures jus waitin to see wot they say bout it!
lol christ, i can never tell what day it is, for some strange reason i did really think it was tuesday

i got probs on my 16v, steering is slow to react steers more over bumps and play on lock.then is prob the rack or collum gettin mine done soon. has knackered the top mount bearing,which have done.is scary have spun it twice.

they had a look and said it would be my tracking and theres a lil bit of play on the column but not a lot!

gettin my trackin done is a mission been 4 places and my cars too low!!!

One problem we have come across quite a few times now has been the steering rack mounting rubbers. You can tell if they are worn by having somebody turn the steering wheel while you look down the back of the engine at the rack to see if it moves in the mounts before turning the wheels. Some times you might also see tell tale wear marks to the side of the rubbers. The effect when driving is a bit like driving down the motorway in lorry ruts. This might not be your problem but its worth having a look. The new rubbers are £16.32 and £3.83 respectively from Renault. Fitting them is another matter.