ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Creak on Fast Corners

PH1 172 Sport
When cornering hard in either direction I get a creaking noise from the drivers footwell. It can't be the trackrods the track rod ends or ARB bushes as they have been replaced.

Any ideas what it could be?

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I get the same noise you describe with mine (same car as yours BTW). Also had ARB Bs replaced. I still suspect it's an ARB issue - some wear somewhere (!). Just can't think what else it can be, corrosion on the ARB, slightly bent ARB? I'm tempted to replace it and see if that fixes it. A colleague's Seat had a similar issue, fixed by a new ARB and you could see slight corrosion that allowed some small movement (on that car the bushes fit into a sort of flange and it had worn off allowing the ARB to move a little).

53 Clio's & counting
Oh, as per my last PM, I bet its the rack bushes, but if that creak is still there then check the gearbox mount stud is tight, mine works loose periodically and causes a creak/crack noise