ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering on 172 cup

Hi All

i need to ask you a quick question, i really hope you can put my mind at rest.

Why does it feel like theres no centre point on a cups steering, eg when driving on standard roads at 30mph on a straight road, you can turn the steering wheel an inch either to the right or left, the car hardly reacts, what im trying to say is that it feels pretty loose, and feels light (steering)

The tyre pressures are 30psi front and 28 psi on the rears, i have never had any impacts, ive only had the car tracked once since i bought it last april.

I find it quite weird, i know people have mentioned that there 172/182s twitch quite alot, it might be down to tracking. It tends to happen mostly under 50mph, the faster you go the better it handles.

Weeman sucks ****

wierd, mine seems ok although the wheel isnt centre and it pulls to the left (think most cliosports do). one way to sort that out is to buy some h&rs, itll be like a go kart then lol.

lol

My steering is dead centre it does not hang to the left or right, it also pulls to the left when breaking.

To be honest if i give it some i hardly ever get any torque steer, its pretty stable which is good, the only thing that bothers me is that the steering fells light at low speeds, when driving at 70mph on motorways it feels alot better.

Weeman sucks ****

mine seems to have a mind of its own, one day feels light and another it feels sluggish. when i checked my tyres after the cold spell we had a few weeks back, when it snowed, my tyres had gone up in pressure by about 3-4 psi, bit weird. worth checking them again.