ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel control help

Clio 1.2 16v
Hi all new here I have just taken an after market CD player out of my 2003 clio and I can't find where the steering wheel control plug plugs in to can anyone help here is a pic of the plug and the back on the original CD player

ba948d644562373f8b6063efd46b8c48.gif

30d3613721fe9f9487fb0e3457c8ebf6.gif

aa9f95ddf5d53f309cf8f365541818ce.gif

Clio DCI 65
So you have taken an aftermarket out and now want to put the factory stereo back in?

If its an aftermarket you have taken out and the steering wheel controls were working with it, then that connector in the picture looks like part of the stalk adapter patch lead that plugs into a black box you buy separately. Like this (connectors highlighted):

$T2eC16FHJHEE9ny2p)RRBQjwcGto8w~~60_12.JPG

If thats the case then take the whole patch lead loom out that was added and discard it. You wont need it for standard stereo.

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2 16v
I can't find the hole the black plug goes in to I have an iPod cable going in to the blue slot and the yellow plug you can see is for the display. There are no empty holes for the black plug for the steering wheel control unless I'm missing something here?

Clio DCI 65
That black plug doesnt look like factory connector and needs coming out to my knowledge. All the plugs (3) That you have connected to the factory stereo are all that are needed for it to work properly

Untitled.jpg

Clio 1.2 16v
That black plug doesnt look like factory connector and needs coming out to my knowledge. All the plugs (3) That you have connected to the factory stereo are all that are needed for it to work properly

View attachment 88942
yer im seeing what your saying but cant see anything on that list about steering wheel control just cant undrstand where this plug has come from it seems to go to the steering wheel controls.

Clio DCI 65
CCU(*) Connector (C1 on the diagram) = Central Communication Unit. This is the way the HU receives stalk control commands and sends information to the dash display.

Clio DCI 65
no..i think your misunderstanding. That plug that you have left over is not factory standard. If your returning it back to factory then i suggest you trace the connector back and try to remove it.

Clio 1.2 16v
ok thanks for everyone's help the plug i was looking out was for the steering wheel control but went direct to the control and the cable that i needed was disconnected from the back of the clock now i have connected it its working fine thanks again for everyone's input

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm looking at fitting a new head unit soon and was wondering if you can get a steering control adapter for most makes of head units? Cheers