ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Wheel Locks

Nobody use them then, I always considered them an extra deterrent at least? Found some more on Halfords anyway.

Mike.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I use a disklok. Its a solid bit of kit. I keep it under the passenger seat when Im driving. They used to be the best you could get but apparently theres a new way of getting around the lock mechanism in about two minutes, but hopefully its enough to put all but the most dedicated people off.

I brought mine from Halfords (Silver thing - two bars click round the spoke in the wheel) cant remember the name of it. Anyway it got a good write up one of the monthly car mags, hence why I brought it.

As Rick implied if they want your car they will have it. It the opportunist that you want to put off.

Not a Clio

lets face it with renault build quality the car thief will grab the handle which will come off in his hands, the exhaust will drop off, all four tyres will instantly go flat and the engine will catch on fire.

Hes not going to bother after that. ;)

Ziel Nurburgring

As above, got the disclok. Solid bit of kit, bit bulky to cart around but it must deter the usual little greasy oiks out to steal cars and it makes a useful shield if i ever get attacked by a roman centurion.

Black Clio 182

ive got one of them yellow and grey locks that you always see lol. i hardly use it tho, i put it on to warn people off it really. has got a lil light on it that flashes so it looks like a fake immobiliser, even tho my car has got one haha!!

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 07 April 2005

As above, got the disclok. Solid bit of kit, bit bulky to cart around but it must deter the usual little greasy oiks out to steal cars and it makes a useful shield if i ever get attacked by a roman centurion.
lol :p

Agree - go with the disklok. Used to be unbeatable in 20 minutes but Im a little concerned about the "new technique" talked about near the top of this thread that only takes 2 minutes! :confused:

Just got a 4 tress from Halfords, pretty meaty lump of metal shaped like a bat which could come in handy if I catch them!!!!! Was tempted by the disklok until I read the above and they are just too big really. At the end of the day, if they want it theyll have it but it may deter an opportunist thief which cant hurt.

Mike.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Quote: Originally posted by White16valver on 08 April 2005
Agree - go with the disklok. Used to be unbeatable in 20 minutes but Im a little concerned about the "new technique" talked about near the top of this thread that only takes 2 minutes! :confused:

There was a thread about this a few months ago. A magazine did a test on them, think it was autocar or something, and they got through in a few minutes...

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by mike on 08 April 2005

Just got a 4 tress from Halfords, pretty meaty lump of metal shaped like a bat which could come in handy if I catch them!!!!! Was tempted by the disklok until I read the above and they are just too big really. At the end of the day, if they want it theyll have it but it may deter an opportunist thief which cant hurt.

Mike.
ive got one of those, the professional version, same as the normal version but with a better lock