ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel radio controls

Clio Rush 1.2
Hi chaps, got an 05 clip with a non standard cd player. What's the connector I called that I need for the 6 pin to go into a jack for the controls to work?

Thanks
Jordan

Clio Rush 1.2
What mate? I jus need something to go into the 6 pin that goes into a jack in the back of my radio so I can use the steering controls. I don't know what it's called.

[It's called a] Steering wheel adaptor. Make sure you get the CAN BUS bus version, ask MT Audio on here as he can sort a kit out, or try ebay.

That reply is pretty much spot on, read it again with my added punctuation :p

It's a bit more than a "wire" that just goes from a 6 plug to a 3.5mm jack - you need a little box of electronics inbetween to convert whatever signal a Renault stalk sends for "volume up" etc into something that your pioneer/alpine/sony/whatever can understand. The kit consists of:

Renault Clio stalk adaptor (the black box of electronics bit) & what's often called a patch cable (to go from the stalk adaptor box to your headunit). Patch cables are brand specific. If you have a pioneer you have to buy one for a pioneer etc. MT audio is a very helpful trader on here who knows Clios inside out so can offer great advice to go with his great prices. You can buy it on ebay or support the forum traders etc...

You can still PM me but youll save 1/3 off your membership just from free postage from myself by being a member

387bhp RB Trophy SC
Im after an adaptor for my 182 Cup, I got an autoleads set but that doe's not work, which one do I need..? I tryed a few that did not bloody work. lol Any advice MT Audio?