ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Wheel Re-trimmed

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
That looks amazing! Really want one to finish off my interior, would be interested in a group buy (as long as the quality doesn't slip due to the extra mass of work lol) :)

mk1 leon cupra r
I pride myself on turning a good job out , and believe me the quality will not suffer.
Had no complaints yet and pay pal on the way , will make it a lot easier for you guys. thats for all the enquires.
Cheers Andy:race:

182 Trophy
Hi snappy, I've just read the thread and am very interested in a retrim exactly the same as the smooth black / red in the images for my 182 wheel. I could look into removing / sending the wheel in the next few weeks. Please let me know a price and when you might be able to fit it in. It looks like you're going to be busy (your PM inbox is full btw!).

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I've agreed with snappy that in the next few weeks he'll be buying a cc 182 wheel and 3 standard 172 wheels so should be able to work on an exchange basis for others.

I may even get him to do mine

Clio 172 Ph2
Is the stitching on the thumb grips an optional thing or is that the only way they can be done?

Amazing job though, now it's the centre/airbag bit that's letting the side down!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
On the pics it looks the same colour. I had mine done but the leather is slightly darker than the airbag.

Your one looks spot on. As mentioned many times, it's the best I've seen for caparison between the leather and airbag :)

306 GTI-6
Nope for some reason every time it gets asked, it seems to get ignored.

Am sure more may be interested if there was at least a ballpark figure, so i will ask again too.

Price anyone?

mk1 leon cupra r
yes that is correct 120+postage , im going on hols till the 23rd ,but can still keep in touch , and yes im getting some wheels off black gold so ill be able to do exchange. Glad you all like the wheels better than sticky hands in the summer ha ha . And you can have the grips with the same coloured stitch and also have differant coloured grips or rim if you want. :race:

mk1 leon cupra r
Cheers for that about the wheel you had done, im glad its still as good, no more sticky thing to hold onto ha ha :race:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I've agreed with snappy that in the next few weeks he'll be buying a cc 182 wheel and 3 standard 172 wheels so should be able to work on an exchange basis for others.

I may even get him to do mine

There isnt any difference between a cruise control wheel and a normal wheel is there in terms of this sort of work anyway, as the only differences are bits that attach to it like airbag and buttons, so any old 172 wheel would be fine as exchange for a CC wheel anyway?

mk1 leon cupra r
Hi ,if I do an exchange wheel for anyone , say a 182cc wheel I expect a 182 cc wheel back not a 172 with no cc.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Hi ,if I do an exchange wheel for anyone , say a 182cc wheel I expect a 182 cc wheel back not a 172 with no cc.

But they are the same wheel, you can just unbolt the buttons is what I mean, so why not just send the wheel out minus the buttons, then they bolt their buttons on and send you their own one back minus the buttons?

mk1 leon cupra r
Hi,not sure I've never tried to do it that way,( just in case I break any plastic parts ) the last thing I want is to knacker anyone's wheel up ha ha ,it's hard enough trimming them .

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Hi,not sure I've never tried to do it that way,( just in case I break any plastic parts ) the last thing I want is to knacker anyone's wheel up ha ha ,it's hard enough trimming them .

Oh right, you'd be surprised how easy it is, took all of 2 mins to convert my mrs 172 wheel to CC, and nothing came close to breaking or anything, its all very much happy to come apart and back together.

What I meant though is that you could always give the customer that, ie if they want a CC wheel doing and you dont have one in stock then they take the bits off and swap them over and then send you the bare wheel back again same as you sent them.

Clio182cup Nova2.0SR
I need one of these steering wheels in my life, snappy, please can you advise how to contact you as your message box is full, im sure it will be for many weeks with work that good.

8625459763_b66fbfff3a_b.jpg

I got a matching gear gaiter :)