ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel retrim

clio dynamique 1.2 16V
Ok so I have some friends who are professional trimmers, there is a possability of a nice little clio trimming group buy going on. Prices are going to be around 40 - 70 there should be a choice of colours but im pretty sure every one will just one black yeah? The leather and stitching will be top notch! Turn around should be around one week. An alternative will be the leather pattern and threading posted out to you at a much cheaper price.

I am hoping to get mine done over the next few weeks at which point pics will be posted up. Is this something wich people could be interested in and if so does the price seem about right?

Thanks.

Golf R/Leon FR
cheaper than whats been posted by other members. once you get pics up ill decide if im interested

clio dynamique 1.2 16V
Ok, this is still all pie in the sky but I am going to try hard to get something set up for this. Will keep you posted!

I do wheel retrimming, i retrim a lot of PH1 steering wheels.

The leather i use is high quality so that the wheel wont wear quickly/melt, the cost is £100 including your old wheel back as a trade.

The cost is broken down as such

£30 for a steering wheel needing trimmed.
£60 for leather and labour to do it.
£10 for P+P (1st class recorded delivery).

The £130 straight sale is that price because it leaves me without a steering wheel for stock which means i then need to buy another wheel.

You get what you pay for at the end of the day guys.

clio dynamique 1.2 16V
wow, not trying to take any ones business!! lol just thought if it its available then I might as well offer it. like i said only judging response at the moment. the guy trims the steering wheels for where i work and has got a nice little set up in his garage for this sort of stuff.

Dont mean to be upsetting any one but was there any need for the "Get what you pay for" comment?

:rasp:

clio dynamique 1.2 16V
like i said, having mine done over the next few weeks, the man trims bentley wheels for a living so its going to be the dogs!

Golf R/Leon FR
take no notice of the 'you get what you pay for' comment. dont think it was aimed at you.

if you can supply this sort of thing then do it fella. if the guy works for bentley then im sure they'll be very good.

wow, not trying to take any ones business!! lol just thought if it its available then I might as well offer it. like i said only judging response at the moment. the guy trims the steering wheels for where i work and has got a nice little set up in his garage for this sort of stuff.

Dont mean to be upsetting any one but was there any need for the "Get what you pay for" comment?

:rasp:
I wasnt aiming that comment at you mate, i was only breaking down the price as you had stated you can do it cheaper.

I was only breaking it down as people like to know why they are paying what they are paying.

Only saying that a retrimmed steering wheel for £70 sounds a bit to good to be true, if i could sell them at that i would. If you can do it, fair play to you mate. :)

BMW 535D
can this be done on 182 wheels??

Mine's suffered quite badly with 'melting' plus one of my thumb grips has gone.

Black Gold Trophy
I have a spare 182 wheel I'd like retrimmed, but I'd want it done in some the same colour as the factory leather so it matches the airbag etc.
As before, please post some pics.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I can vouch for mikey's quality, spot on. When you consider the prices of ktec etc, £100 is a bargain.

Bus w**ker
I'd be interested to see the quality.

Either way I'll be after one in the next couple of months as my is fucked and lets the car down TBH. So I may speak to some local trimmers too.