ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steering wheel sensor ?

Have just refitted steering wheel but service light and traction control light have come on. I'm thinking probably the steering wheel sensor, any ideas ?
Thanks

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
You have probably left the sensor in the wrong position.

Remove wheel, centre the 'moving centre' (squib ring) in the centre (just over 2.5 turns from either end centres it) and refit. Simples.

Just make some someone hasn't tried to reset it.

Mines currently 81000 Degrees out.

Ordered a used one today from RenParts, £60 inc 1st class delivery

Clio 172
Well i took the wheel and hub back up. Put the squib back where it was when i took the original wheel off and still no different. It was fine on the original wheel though.

Align your wheels so you're going straight (not the steering wheel), take the steering wheel off. There is a window in the steering angle sensor, it should say 0, if not adjust it to say this. Carefully put the wheel back on trying not to more the SAS, should be reet.

Clio 172
I have been end to end turning the squib with the ignition on and lights are on still. Should it be orange or blue in the window? Im assuming my squib or sensor is fucked and I need a new one?

Clio 172 ph2
I had this when i changed my wheel so i adjusted the SAS but it took about 5 miles of town driving for the lights to go out.

Clio 172
I just dont know what to do like i say i have turned it end to end and gone back to centre and nothing. Mine turns 16 times though and jenic says it should go 5 times ish. Dont know whether to get another squib or get it on diagnostics

I just dont know what to do like i say i have turned it end to end and gone back to centre and nothing. Mine turns 16 times though and jenic says it should go 5 times ish. Dont know whether to get another squib or get it on diagnostics

Yeah, that sounds broken

I got a new one with a clock spring from renparts for £60. Will be fitting it on Saturday.