ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel vibration when stationary?

CLio 172
Hey guys my clio 172 ph1 has recently started making a weird vibration when turning the wheel when the car is stationary? At full lock it even whines a little... Car seems to steer just fine and drives fine.

Any help appreciated thank you!

You are putting a lot of stress on the power steering pump turning stationary, at full lock you are possibly 'telling' the pump to give max assistance which is why it whines. My advice, dont turn while stationary if you can help it.

CLio 172
You are putting a lot of stress on the power steering pump turning stationary, at full lock you are possibly 'telling' the pump to give max assistance which is why it whines. My advice, dont turn while stationary if you can help it.
Thank you. So you think its normal for the steering wheel to vibrate when full lock stationary?