ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel vibration when travelling above 70mph

CLIO 172
I do alot of motorway driving but in the last month have noticed when the car speeds over 70-80 the steering wheels vibrating but absolutely fine when doing 40-50, I've had the track rod ends, front shock and springs replaced and also wheels balanced and tracking done.
Also car seems to stall when steering on full lock usually when parking up in forward or reverse.
Any suggestions ?? Clio 172 Ph1

MkV Golf R32
I would say a wheel weight has fallen off. Have u had it balanced and still the problem is occurring?

Bux

Golf GTD
My steering wheel does the same mate. At the same speed too.
Id say its the wheel weights, i got mine balanced when i first put them on and thats when it started.

MG ZR+ 105
happened on my ph1 1.2 when I had unbalanced 17" wheels on then when I got some balanced 16" wheels on it stopped

CLIO 172
Nice one ! Seriously pi**ing me off after spending the dough, will check the weights out on monday.

Ive never had/heard of this, My grandads recently bought a clio and told me he's had stalling on full lock, Ive said to him are you sure its not your diving? i.e. him stalling it..

Im interested in any answers.

CLIO 172
Love the sense of humour guysy and SARGARA, maybe it is my old age, but the cars still moving when it stalls, so i kinda slam the handbrake on and rush out of the car to blend it in. lol

Nissan 350z
Haha ok jokes aside then! Does it also do it if you reverse on full lock hen172 or is it only when moving forward on full lock that this happens?

don't know how it operates, but there's some sort of switch in the PAS system that's supposed to regulate idle on full lock/load - it's screwed into the PAS pump pipe (directly infront of alternator. it's common that they leak from that joint, but don't know if that affects its operation)