ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel wiring.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
This is for the misses 182, not the trophy track car.

We have 4 wiring plugs coming through the steering wheel, 2 are self explanatory being colour coded to the air bag.
but we also have this one, which I daftly broke when changing the steering wheel over...

null-23.gif

am I right in thinking this is for the cruise control?
will this also flag up the ABS and service lights if not connected?
can it be soldered together or am I looking at changing the complete clock ring (for choice of better words)

while I'm there, I'm assuming the grey one is for the horn?

null-24.gif

the car was perfect previously when standard, we fitted a pair of buckets and a different steering wheel and boss, flagging up loads of warning lights instantly, initially this didn't worry me as it was only for a few track days, and I hoped that when refitting the stock kit that the lights would go out, but no luck :(

I even followed the guide on here for setting the bubble/spirit level within the clock ring behind the wheel but currently we are greeted by these lights still

null-25.gif

is this now just a simple case for MWM to reset it, or do I need a new clock ring to cure the broken wire?
​downside, this is now holding up having the car MOT'd :(

I think that is cruise control yes. That plug shouldn't set off any warning lights.
But if you damaged that plug you may have also damaged the steering wheel squib thing if it was pulled on..

With a custom steering wheel the airbag lights would be on unless you put resistors in the two airbag connectors.
Same for aftermarket seats. You'd need resistors.

Edit: reading your OP looks like you've put the seats and standard wheels back in?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Yep, back to standard.
but, car is now sold and was collected/taken away yesterday evening :)

now to hunt for a new car for the misses.