ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stef's laser blue lupo GTI

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Hello everyone

Ive been on this forum a while, always browsed on and off and owned a black lupo gti in the past, i messaged chris about his laser blue gti on clublupo that would he ever sell it i would be interested, time went by and i signed into clublupo and noticed i had a message, it was chris mentioning it would be going up for sale shortly but i realised i had my old email address on this forum so didnt get it straight away... Rookie error on my part, when i put the advert up for my golf, i knew how rare this gti was but with only having put my r32 up for sale i was all but sure it would sell before i could sell mine..

I then happened to sell mine in the space of a few weeks with a deposit left on mine after a week..praying the little lupo hadnt been sold, i got back in contact with chris and i put a deposit on it as soon as i got a deposit on the golf, all went very smoothly which was great and very rarely pans out that way..

So me and my father drove the 3 hour trip up to see it in Sheffield, was nice drive up and then there tucked away was the lupo gti, immediately made me smile, and a great colour in the flesh, we got chatting and went out in it, agreed a price and the lupo was making its way down south.

For those that dont know, laser blue is the rarest colour for the gti with a rumoured 10 or so ever made, added to the fact this particular gti has air con, heated leather seats and the 6 disc cd changer, making it a very well speced car indeed.

Im the 5th owner and it has just turned 65k miles

So my first week in ownership of the little lupo, i am quite a fussy bugger with cars and made a little list of things i wanted to do or change..

Firstly the wheels were rebalanced as the drive home i got quite abit of wheel wobble, which has now cured the problem, i purchased little touches like new wiper blades, side repeaters as one had condensation in, new stickers for the key inserts that were missing, pic below will show this, new mats as the ones in the car were abit pants and not the correct fitment and slid as weren't held in place, i removed a few stickers, one a pistonhead in the rear screen and a k and n sticker in the engine bay, i prefer the cleaner look.. Sorry chris :blush:
Its booked in tomorrow at jkm portsmouth to have a look over the car as a couple of things cropped up, the battery light flashed which it hasnt since but worth checking over and the oil service light come up, yet has just been serviced... And for me the only gripe is the clutch to me doesnt quite feel right so will get that replaced should it need it, like i say im fussy but couldn't turn down a laser blue gti that was in great condition overall

Sorry for mumbling on haha, so the lupo, like i say i bought new mats that i had custom made to replicate the oem mats which are hens teeth now or an arm and a leg to buy

New mats..

Replacing the old..

Little touches..

Condensation.. Been replaced

Stickers removed..

And some of the car..

So thats where the lupo is at for now

Cheers stefan

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Like this.

Have you got Instagram? If so, seen a guy called claytonjoness on there? Love his with the lows and wheels.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Nice to see one that isn't silver! Always loved these :) hope TG or GT do a battle between the Up! GTI and one of these, would be cool to see the similarities.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Very nice, Stef. Depreciation proof motoring right there.

That must have cost you about 50% of the cost of a ropey Trophy deposit.

😅

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Its the smart move. It’ll be robust and nippy enough to keep you entertained.

Once you buy a house you can buy something more expensive to run and be miserable, again. Like the rest of us.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Its the smart move. It’ll be robust and nippy enough to keep you entertained.

Once you buy a house you can buy something more expensive to run and be miserable, again. Like the rest of us.

Haha well im not hoping to buy anything, if i get the keys to my dad clio v6..

But yeah just filling this up compared to the golf puts a smile on my face, soo cheap to run compared to the r32, but glad i owned one, miss those seats and that sound though...

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Love the lupo gtis! See them even less than I do 1*2s.

Can tell this is going to be a minter just by the small details of having custom mats made up. Can't wait for future updates.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Very cool! Years ago there was a blur one local to me. Was immaculate, I always knew they were pretty rare!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Preferred your r32 tbf. Don't get the hype with the lupos tbh. Nice colour though, enjoy.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
they're a cult classic imo, cracking little car and that particular example looks a peach, low miles, good spec, well cared for and new meticulous owner.

winning all round imo

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Update..

So car got clean bill of health from jkm in Portsmouth, really good bunch of guys down there, had few things to look over.. And i ended up just going ahead and replacing the clutch, it was abit vague and struggled on hills, so rather than spoil the driving pleasure i just replaced it, now its great!

Next on the list was to replace the rear wiper arm and blade, the standard just didnt clear the screen very well and i didnt like the appearance of it so swapped for a mk6 polo version..

I also took the day off work as the weather was awesome, i gave the lupo a clean and went to grab some shots, also gave the exhaust a good going over with some autosol

before and after to show the difference

And ones on a nice drive

Found a pub and stopped for a beer

Cheers stefan

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
That is just exceptional.

Any plans to swap out the halogen side lights (and those dodgy Toyo tyres) :tongueout:
Cheers danny
Sidelights im torn as i kinda like the old school look it has ha

The toyos yes, they have new ones not long put on so dont really wanna fork out when not needed, after i will, prob yokohamas ado8r..