ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stef's Racing Blue 182

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
So today I put these small touches on the clio

Silver vision indicator bulbs for the rear lights

And 'mist' style washer jets

DSC_0143.JPG

If the car doesn't sell, honestly makes no odds to me I will carry doing bits to it, snappy re trim will be on the cards aswell as cocksport springs and new shocks/dampers all round..

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Right update time

With me being a yo-yo im glad to say im keeping the clio and is not for sale

First things first my car started making abit of a racket on the way to work one day, turned out to be the gasket between the manifold and cat, so got it booked in with mike at rentech and once again was back to normal, felt better to drive too.

I then went away to the lake district for my bday with the missus as my bday treat which was awesome l, see a few 182's which was cool too, i knew i did the right thing by hanging onto it

With getting back today i had the day off work thought as the clio needed a bloody good clean, id treat it to one

DSC_0282.JPG

DSC_0281.JPG

As some will see i removed the old renault sport badge prior to cleaning to be replaced by the '197' style like so

DSC_0286.JPG

I also bought a set of bolts to replace the worn/old looking ones under the bonnet

Old:
DSC_0288.JPG

New:
DSC_0289.JPG

Ive ordered a new clio badge as it is now shown up by the new renault sport badge

Also ordered the rubber sill as it is ripped/torn

Still on the hunt for a set of cooksports and will order spacers soon too

Still undecided on which exhaust to go for so will hold off for now

Comments welcome

Cheers

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Where did yo get the bolts from mate.

I still cant believe iv still not seen this about, considering your less than 3 miles away !

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
So today i had the day off work

Decided as it turned out nice, id restore my headlights, i used 1500 and then 2500 wet n dry sandpaper followed by meguiars scratch x2.0

Spent abit of time on them as they were very hazy

And after all that i went amd got the car cleaned whilst having a pint in the pub

Results

DSC_0321.JPG
DSC_0320.JPG
DSC_0323.JPG
DSC_0324.JPG
DSC_0319.JPG

I have in my front room waitong to go on

Cooksport springs
Ph1 172 gear knob/stick
Rear 10mm pure motorsport hub spacers

Still need to buy h&r front spacers amd then to get it booked in with @Mike@Rentech

Comments welcome.

Cheers

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Update time

I got the car serviced by mike at rentech portsmouth and got him to check over the front suspension as it felt a little iffy, tirns out ball joint needed replacing and a crack/broken spring

So after selling my car parts i had (typical)

It was lucky that cooksports were in stock so i ordered a new set aswell as h&r front spacers and the rear spacers from pure motorsport

Got it booked back in with mike yesturday but with the car not going so easy, parts seized and mike having a bad back, and also needed my car back before 1pm, it was all done bar the rear spacers, but i have an mot coming up so will get both done

Some pics, rushed as i had neighbours looking at me lol

DSC_0419.JPG

DSC_0420.JPG

Spacers are a work of art imo

DSC_0417.JPG

And lastly i noticed a small puddle on the passenger side front bumper..turns out i have a leaky headlight washer. So order one up and come the post today

DSC_0418.JPG

Cheers stef

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Looking good mate, how is the ride with the Cooksports?

Really weird about the washer jet, I have the exact same problem! Same side too! Noticed it a couple of weeks back but have some blanks on order to rectify.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Spacers are excellent. Lovely bit of kit and well made. Definitely worth the money over some of the cheaper brands/spacers.

Get those rear spacers on and that will look complete. The rears look a little lost in the arches in the first pic but the fronts and height look spot on.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good mate, how is the ride with the Cooksports?

Really weird about the washer jet, I have the exact same problem! Same side too! Noticed it a couple of weeks back but have some blanks on order to rectify.

Rides well imo, wasnt sure what to expect tbh

I know its a bumper off jobby to replace!

Hows yours coming along?

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Spacers are excellent. Lovely bit of kit and well made. Definitely worth the money over some of the cheaper brands/spacers.

Get those rear spacers on and that will look complete. The rears look a little lost in the arches in the first pic but the fronts and height look spot on.

They are lovely mate

I know what you mean about the rear, just time as having to do a fair bit of overtime atm

Will be booked back in with rentech soon

Prob after his weekend away ;-)

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Rides well imo, wasnt sure what to expect tbh

I know its a bumper off jobby to replace!

Hows yours coming along?[/QUOT

Have to get a passenger ride soon to see how the Cooksports are!

I know a bumper off job, what a pain! Just give us a shout if you want a hand doing yours, would be happy to help! Also prepare me for when I do mine haha!

Yeah coming along well. Sachs dampers already been sent off for refurbishment so should have those back soon, and bought a fair few more goodies this week!!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Have to get a passenger ride soon to see how the Cooksports are!

I know a bumper off job, what a pain! Just give us a shout if you want a hand doing yours, would be happy to help! Also prepare me for when I do mine haha!

Yeah coming along well. Sachs dampers already been sent off for refurbishment so should have those back soon, and bought a fair few more goodies this week!!

Oh good to hear, look forward to the updates mate

Yeah more than welcome mate to have a drive

Look forward to getting the rears on

List doesnt end though lol, exhaust, snappy retrim steering wheel etc would be nice

Ph2 Meg 225
Looks great! I'll be looking at cooksports again now my cars fixed hahaha! How much was the new headlight washer?

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Minor update

Passed its mot with no advisories :grinning:

Still need to get the rear spacers on, been looking at exhausts too

I got the car washed this weekend and the pressure washer has taken some paint off of two of the center caps :cry: didnt realise til i got home...

So will look to get that sorted

Thats all

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Well me and the clio parted ways today

Mixed emotions seeing it drive away, looked good :cry:

Sold to the new owner who was a nice guy, and his mate who came down, made for an easy sale

Onto focus rs or m3 now..

Sad times :( but I'm sure you'll enjoy the RS or M3.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Well me and the clio parted ways today

Mixed emotions seeing it drive away, looked good :cry:

Sold to the new owner who was a nice guy, and his mate who came down, made for an easy sale

Onto focus rs or m3 now..
Would you mind pm'ing me what it sold for?
I'm too far removed from clios at the moment to know what's good and what isn't with regards to pricing.
RB is my favourite though.

RB 182
Just found the thread. Im now the proud owner of this amazing RB! Ill be starting a thread for this car soon! Great to do business with you stefan :smile:

Last edited:
  RB 182
Good to hear connor, look forward to seeing what you do with it

Take care of it :blush:
I love it! Dont worry I will take care of her. Got some good plans for this car, going to fit the 10mm spacers next weekend. Cheers for the spacers btw :)