ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stereo and amp cut out

Clio mk1 rally :P
hey i decided to put my air horn in yesterday. and everything was fine. wired it up fused it and everything.. but while driving home last light on one of my swithes went out and i tried my airhorn and it wasnt working.. so i thought maybe i just blew a fuse...
i could smell something plastic burning.. decided to carry one driving.. then half way home my stereo cut out and my sub made a loud pop.

today i took a few cables out a didnt need.. checked all fuses . and everyting thing was working (had to reset HU)

then driving home again.. stereo cut out again.. but horn still works.....
any ideas???

basicly your wiring is shorting out somewhere. Try and describe how you wired it, or get pics or something, as its shorting out, causing the smell and causing the headunit to shut off. Where did you earth to?

Clio mk1 rally :P
i earthed to a point in the engine bay where i have my fog lights earthed to.
i then ran the positive wite to the dashboard where i put a push to make switch. from the switch to a positive that goes back into engine bay. to a 15 amp fuse and a relay. the relay turns on when ignition is on because its wired to cigar lighter

thanks