ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sticking out exhaust

I fitted a new 3.5" Ashley Backbox to my RSi at the weekend. Unfortunately when I connected it to the rest of the system the tail pipe sticks out a lot further than I antisipated. About 3"! I was expecting it to pertrude about an inch from the bumper. So it looked like an original part, not too much to ask surely.

There is a small "L" section that the backbox slots into which is then clamped into the the rest of the exhaust. Can I purchase this pipes with a more extreme angle, therefore pulling the backbox further under the car?

Or is there any other bodge that I can do that doesnt require me buying a new backbox? This must have happen to loads of people before.

Ive got the same problem on my clio with a peco boxer exhaust, it sticks out miles!

Not much help really am i! LOL

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

i dont think ashley are generally a good fit.i had one on my cavalier and the tailpipe stuck out quite far.

Bit bad init. It cant be that hard for the manufactuer to stick the exhaust on the car. Have a look, see it sticks out too much, and shorten the length of the tail pipe. And then put it up for sale, when its correct and ready!

There must be some way of sorting this. Anyone?

its funny you say that, i had an ashley exhaust on my car when i bought it and it sounded great as it was off a renault 5 turbo, it finally came to the day when it was f**ked, holes everywhere in the box but it was 3 years old. i wanted another ashley so i drove down there after they sent me the wrong exhaust and had this guy fit the new box to my car, the bloke that fitted it works on his own around the corner from the place you buy the exhaust from and he was the biggest c**t i had ever met in my life told me to "fuk off out his work shop" becuase he got in a stress becuase he couldnt put my car on the ramp as the sideskirts where in the way. the guy was so rude and it took him 2 hours to do it!and when he had finished it stuck out 6 inches out the rear bumper!!!i just couldnt be fukd so i dint pay the guy and drove off. il get some other garage to sort it out.dont ever get that guy to do anything on your car. grumpy old c**t!(it took the guy ages as the box wouldnt fit becuase it is true, ashly aint a great fit. sound wicked tho but badly made)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

yes ive had two ashley systems now,both had a really good sound but both were quite a poor fit.