ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sticky Clutch

Hi all. I have a problem with my 172s Clutch. Its been in twice and still not fixed. What happens is that when it is cold it works perfectly, but as it gets hotter the clutch becomes sticky and makes a squeaking noise. This does not go away until the car has cooled down again. It makes it very difficult to drive the car in traffic because you cannot release the clutch slowly! What can cause this? How can I fix it?

I have this and have it in the dealers at the moment being fixed. He seems to think that it is a wharped clutch plate??? any other ideas people?

Car has been at the dealer for 3 days now. Should get it back today.

They had to take out the gearbox. Something about a thrustbearing and not being greased properly. They are replacing all parts related to this Thrustbearing. All done under warranty, luckily. Will let you know what the result are.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

I think Ill mention this when my car goes in for its 45,000 service next month as my clutch stuck once last week, and the gear feel isnt as smooth as it was...will also be warrenty work...thank goodness for 3 yr warrenties

Got my car back on Friday, clutch feels like a new one. They put in a whole new clutch kit. I am very pleased with the work they did. Hope it stays this way. The problem was caused by a thrustbearing not being lubricated properly at the factory. It was bone dry.

Unfortunely it needs to go back for a window washer bottle that is leaking. Hopefully after that all problem will be sorted.