ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sticky plastic.....

CLIO RS CUP
My whole interior appears to have become sticky. Mainly the steering wheel (which I expected) but the plastic trim on the doors are also sticky. I thought they may just need a good clean but nothing helps :-(

I did a search.... No joy! Apart from stuff about the steering wheel

Sticky? Has it had a valet i.e. where theyve used silicone trim spray?

Give it all a clean with a cloth and mild soapy water, See if that helps.

Did a wipe down of the plastics have no effect?

DCi 100
A friends grab handles used to feel grippy and rubbery where as mine and others have always felt plastic and smooth/solid.

CLIO RS CUP
Sticky? Has it had a valet i.e. where theyve used silicone trim spray?

Give it all a clean with a cloth and mild soapy water, See if that helps.

Did a wipe down of the plastics have no effect?

A wipe down made no difference! I doubt its had a valet in its life to be honest! I will have a go with summit a little more abrasive. Worst case scenario ill have to crack out some wet and dry and paint em up.

A friends grab handles used to feel grippy and rubbery where as mine and others have always felt plastic and smooth/solid.

This is a good description! mine feel like your mates!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I bought brand new grab handles and they are tacky to touch, like the centre console.

Jap Box
My dash top feels like this, I just thought it was normal for them to be more grippy than the normal plastics.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
My grab handles were the same. I took them off, rubbed them down and then resprayed them. Now they feel fine. Had the wheel retrimmed and that's much better, too. Not recommending this, but the best cleaner I've ever used for anything ever is AutoGlym motorcycle cleaner. If it was my car I'd try a small bit on a tiny out of sight area and see if it worked.

Jap Box
I know what you mean. I assumed it was some kind of grease or dirt build up. I'm surprised to hear they're like that from new.:dapprove:

Same, as the rest of my car was a mess when I bought it I assumed it was "sticky" because of previous owners, after endless times cleaning it the feeling is still there :(

FormulaFord Ecoboost
The car I've just bought has the same thing. I was thinking of painting them, are they easy to remove? I might even buy one of those carbon fibre skinning kits and CF it?

RS Clio 172
My car has this problem as well...I fixed the interior door pulls by removing them, bathing them in hot soapy water, and then peeling off the sticky crap using a plastic thing tjat looked like a guitar pick but was in fact for scratching scratchies. They are now clean, smooth and shiny, but the centre console plastic including the radio and aircon unit are still sticky. Would be more of a mission getting them off.

Clio 182
My car has this problem as well...I fixed the interior door pulls by removing them, bathing them in hot soapy water, and then peeling off the sticky crap using a plastic thing tjat looked like a guitar pick but was in fact for scratching scratchies. They are now clean, smooth and shiny, but the centre console plastic including the radio and aircon unit are still sticky. Would be more of a mission getting them off.
Hi, long time ago but how did you get the door parts off.