ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Still around: UR Clio 200

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just a few quick pictures after a brief-ish detail. I might do a full write up for the detailing section if I can be bothered. I used Zaino wash products, Zymol wax and then Gtechniq sealants for the plastics, paint and glass and left to cure overnight.

I've recently had the rear bumper painted after some mong in a public car park scuffed it and drove off :rage: I've also had all the wheels refurbished in the same satin black; not because they were that bad, just to freshen it up. The rear had also been stripped of seats and carpeted for a more 'clubsport' kind of look... it's also a bit more playful at the back in the wet without the weight!

The car's still running brilliantly, but I can't wait for the better weather, so I can get the Pilot Super Sports fitted and potentially some new seats before the summer. Then probably back to the Nurburgring in August.

Other than that and a major service, the plan is just to keep enjoying it really.

IMG_3952_zpssflddzgz.jpg

IMG_3958_zpskvsiikfr.jpg

IMG_3954_zps68yf7hkn.jpg

IMG_3971_zpslsnly0ye.jpg

Lovely is that!

Saw this a few months ago, near the Ford Garage in Bolton, sits bloody nice on the Road, really does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ha, yeah it's a chunky little thing. I only live in Bromley Cross, so not far from there. Cheers mate.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Lol. Yep 5 years on 1st May. :|

I'll probably have this for ages Danny, I'd rather spend money on it than sell it for something similar. I'll probably get another RS next year and retire this to a weekend/fun car.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Don't think I've seen one in UR before, looks very nice and as said sits great. I hunted for a UR R27 a couple of years back but could'nt find a decent one, I wish they'd done the 182 in a proper red.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ultra Red is pretty rare, yeah.

Knuckles an admin... well sh*t me pet.

New seats: Recaro Pole Positions to replace these recliners. My Sportsters would fund the swap basically, as they're really sought after. I just need the time off to sort it. Should do by summer.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks great still! I can't believe it's bin nearly 5 years also looks like we've come back at the same time. Have you made plans yet for the ring this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Ultra Red is pretty rare, yeah.

Knuckles an admin... well sh*t me pet.

New seats: Recaro Pole Positions to replace these recliners. My Sportsters would fund the swap basically, as they're really sought after. I just need the time off to sort it. Should do by summer.

Lol! f**king pet

Ah. Excellent. Full on clubsport spec then?

Yeah You'll not struggle to sell the sportsters.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Very nice indeed bud.

I take it you've got a set of Michelin Pliot Sport 4's to go on?
I've heard lots of great things about them, be intreasted to hear what you think.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Thanks for the comments.

Yeah, I've had it from new. I'll get some interior pictures tomorrow

Nurburgring hopefully July/August

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Exactly, Steve

Having ordered it to the exact spec I wanted, waited for delivery and then doing Euro trips, Le Mans, Nurburgring etc in it over the years, I'm quite attached to it now.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh hi!

Still fresh as f**k brother!

Are you changing seats to get some extra dots?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
F*cking reunion in here now! Ha.

Yeah I've heard good things about them, Warren. Probably in a month or two

Seats will be Recaro Pole Positions. Will be later this year though once I've saved up a bit.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
In for the reunion.

Hi. 5 years is mental. Still looks fresh X

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Still not got that DC5 yet?!

Good to see you've lost non of your enthusiasm for this thing.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just red mate. Red base and clear lacquer. One of the clearest reds on the market. Renault to their credit make some of the best colours.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just red mate. Red base and clear lacquer. One of the clearest reds on the market. Renault to their credit make some of the best colours.
Yep. Just solid hardcore red.
Probably the best colour I've owned for detailing, despite being a solid.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome as usual mate. You've had this car so long now I was technically still a child when I last saw it in person haha!