ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STILL not bloody right

Yozza'd Titanium 182
after having my key replaced due to the immobiliser being broke theres still something not rite.

1 out of 20 times i start my car as soon as it fires up... it cuts out

anyone no why?

M

mini-valver

Mine did this sometimes, just randomnly. Wouldn't worry about it, I'm not even ginger and it happened.

www.renparts.co.uk
if the immobilizer light isn't flashing its quite common on 1.6's and 1.4's. try cleaning your throttle body.

Works...kind of...
Coolant temp sensor?

I need to clean my TB, I was at the motor factors this morning and completely forgot to ask for a gasket. :(

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Wasn't someone on CS asking what would happening if u had no air box on ur car whilst driving, this is why!

www.renparts.co.uk
it will be FBW throttle, remove the complete throttle body assembly, wipe carefully round the edge and spray some carb cleaner in there. on the 1.4's and 1.6's they idle very low after starting and often stall almost instantly.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
thanks for the advice mate but im still unsure as to what FBW throttle is... and wer to locate it and then probably how to rmove it. any more advice on that 1 dude?

Works...kind of...
Buy a Haynes manual.

Throttle body is after the pipe which comes from the airbox. Remove the pipe and you'll see a butterfly valve in the engine block.

FBW = fly by wire. The throttle is run entirely from the ECU, where as older cars had a wire going from the throttle pedal to the throttle body with a throttle positioning sensor telling the ECU where it is.