ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Still won’t start

soon to be a 200

6 times its been in now and still wont start first time in the morning. renault uk say they have never heard of this prob before. If you have the same prob post a reply and i will send it to renault.

Nippy white cup

Im having probs with mine still......it got a little worse last night. Turns over perfectly well but just wont start. Im going to take it to another Dealership and see what happens...

Chris

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Go and ask JAY172 on Exterior, Power & Mechanical forum ... if anybody has any idea itll be him. Sure I remember him discussing immobilizer coils and the like in the past.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by andydean on 09 June 2004
Go and ask JAY172 on Exterior, Power & Mechanical forum ... if anybody has any idea itll be him. Sure I remember him discussing immobilizer coils and the like in the past.

Yes somebody had this problem before im sure and it turned out to be the immobilizer reader coil thingy that goes around the ignition barrel, it read the code from the key when you put in the key, if it cant read it the immoboliser would kick in and stop it starting, but the engine will still turn over.

ClioSport 182

Quote: Originally posted by zaskar on 09 June 2004

04 182, happens 2 or 3 times a week, just consider it a norm now
Same happens with my 182, things got a little better after the run-in, but it still happens quite regularly first thing in the morning.

KnightAzul

skoda and audi

Had the above problem with mine took it to the garage and they replaced the key reader in the ignition.Started the car the next morning and hey presto it wouldnt start.Had the car back twice and no fault showed up on the computer so they said it was fine.So just gonna live with as it does start first time some mornings.