ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stock air filter for the 172..

Clio sport 172
I have recently bought a 172 ph2, it had a cone filter on but I want to put the original air filter back but I'm not sure what or if there's a breather pipe or something else which fits into the bottom of the air box as I can't see another pipe to fit in it. Anyone?

Listerine & Poledo
there are 2 inlets for the airbox, yes.

The one on the irght of the box them goes through some resonance valve..... or something like that. Some owners disconnect this pipe as it gives them a bit more noise (not a noticable amount though I found when I tried it for a few miles) so it's not vital that you have it connected.

Maybe the bottom one is the main feed?

Clio sport 172
Cheers, There's 3 inlets though, one which i beleive is for the main feed to the engine, the other is the cold air feed and there's one to the bottom which im confused about cos I can't find the pipe which connects to it, Im still driving the car so I'm hoping it won't cause any damage..?

Listerine & Poledo
unless something ploughs through the filter and into the engine, you should be already.

some tights over the whole as a temporary measure would be prudent. :)