ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stock head unit wiring questions

hazkirby

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 FF Arctic B
Hi,

I have purchased a second hand 8" active sub woofer to increase the sound quality of my Clio.

This sub can accept high level inputs and this is what I intend to use. I do not want to replace the head unit as I like the steering wheel controls and I have my Spotify plugged in using the 6 CD changer port.

I have a few questions relating to this:

1) High level inputs require a speaker wire from what I can gather.. Will the speaker wire from the rear speakers stretch? or is it a case of hooking up additional speaker wire to the rear speaker wires?

2) Regarding the remote turn on lead.. is there a dedicated port on the stock head unit? I presume not.. in which case what is the best practice in this area?

Thanks for the help!

You will need to extend the speaker cabling.
If you want a proper remote turn on rather than ignition feed you can use the cd changer turn on.