ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stock shaped rear exhaust for 182

Status
Not open for further replies.
  BG FF 182
Mine has a Scorpion backbox but I want something similiair to stock for insurance purposes, and I don't want to pay for a standard Renault item. Are there any such items out there?

Cheers

Clio 182
even for insurance purposes, an aftermarket exhaust cannot be passed off as stock...because it's not

Fiesta ST2 MP215
That looks nothing like the stock backbox anyway, just declare it on your insurance, it won't even cost this to declare it.

BG FF 182
A pattern part exhaust shouldn't be classed as a modification. And my company wont touch a modified car, arseholes

Fiesta ST2 MP215
A pattern part exhaust shouldn't be classed as a modification. And my company wont touch a modified car, arseholes

just change insurers then lol, it won't cost you £200 to do it, I changed mine mid term to Greenlight, it went down by £250 for declaring everything as well and my canx fee with premium choice was £35 so I did well out of it.

BG FF 182
Just took out the policy. I'll look into cancelling as it's been less than a week (maybe they will let the exhuast slide if it means losing my custom)

BG FF 182
Sky are a broker, and if you cancel the policy within the 14 day cooling off period, you still have to pay their fee. Seen this on other forums, £150 for some unlucky forum member. Screw that

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Just took out the policy. I'll look into cancelling as it's been less than a week (maybe they will let the exhuast slide if it means losing my custom)

Even better, tell them, when they enforce a higher cost cancel it under cooling off period and the fact you cannot afford it ( not saying you can't ) + What ThomasBrentnall said, within 14 days I'm not sure if cancellation fees apply, if so just kick up a fuss and they'll give in. say you've got 32 points and watch them cancel it even.

Status
Not open for further replies.