ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STOLEN: CLIO 182 M555 JEH •NOW FOUND•

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: STOLEN: CLIO 182 M555 JEH

Good to hear you got your car back, hopefully the police can get some prints etc off it and catch who done it.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

Well done mate! So so lucky!

Hope all is ok from now on and police sort something out with catching them

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

The car hasn't been driven or even unlocked as it beeped when I unlocked it, indicating the alarm has gone off at some point. The car is fully intact and there is no damage at all.

Extremely lucky! Only down side is that it's been raining all day so any finger prints will be long gone!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

Congrats mate.

Can't help but think what happens next tho..

where will you leave it? Why wouldn't they come back again??

Considered how you're going to prevent the c***s from coming back and just taking it again?
Might I suggest something using lasers and guns? And perhaps building a moat around it?

Failing that you could put a tracking device in the car?
I'm seriously contemplating doing that myself now I've been reading all this.
I'd be heartbroken if someone took my Clio. :(

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

How far from your house is that street fella?

About 2 miles away mate.

I am trying to find somewhere safe to keep it for a few days until the heat dies down but something needs to be sorted for the long term.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

I take it you don't have a drive? The fact they lifted it likely onto a low loader and without the key concerns me!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

Where is Colshe Face? He might know somewhere I can keep it for a couple of days.

Astra (H) VXR

Very lucky there mate..

i hope there is no damage..

but as above what are you going to do now? i dont think i would be able to sleep for a while knowing they could come back.

11,000 volts attached to the chasis?? that'll teach the scum!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200

This thread has me looking at tracking devices too. Out of interest, does anyone here have a tracker? Or know any information about them / whats good etc how they work etc.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

I take it you don't have a drive? The fact they lifted it likely onto a low loader and without the key concerns me!

No, I don't have a drive. I am slightly concerned about tonight and for the next few days at least..

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200

No, I don't have a drive. I am slightly concerned about tonight and for the next few days at least..

How does this work with insurance? I assume they were informed, do you ow have it listed as stolen recovered? If so, that would lower value Im assuming, would you get an insurance pay out?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

Great news-

Get it hidden away or blocked in somewhere..........

S

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Extremely lucky! Only down side is that it's been raining all day so any finger prints will be long gone!

Not necessarily, inside the door handles could still yield prints.

Chances are those who took it will think it's got a tracker now, so may not want to touch it again.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

Sleep in the car.

Joking aside, this is a serious possibility tonight.

How does this work with insurance? I assume they were informed, do you ow have it listed as stolen recovered? If so, that would lower value Im assuming, would you get an insurance pay out?

No, it wouldn't be registered as stolen recovered as there was no insurance pay out or recovery.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member

If the insurance hasent paid out then the car doesn't get any form of marker like stolen/recovered

Same thing happened with 250 and that it's by all intents and purposes a completely straight car

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

Police have just found the plates thrown down the side of a building about 50 meters away from the car.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Great news. It's a trek, but you are more than welcome to leave it at mine for as long as you want. PM me for postcode, don't want to stick it on here. :)

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182

Great news mate.
When I first saw that it had gone, I thought it would never turn up again, such a clean example would be on stolen to order list, especially with a quick browse on here. But that is irrelevant now, good to see its safe and sound.
As for security heard alot of good things about clifford security systems, as for trackers, if your gonna fit one it can increase insurance as you are almost admitting that the car is likely to get stolen.
Cant you get the police to store/impound it? If they are saying numerous hot hatches have gone and they have no leads surely one that turns up would be given a through going over?

Anyway, important thing is that its safe :clap:

Suzuki Jimny

Great news. It's a trek, but you are more than welcome to leave it at mine for as long as you want. PM me for postcode, don't want to stick it on here. :)

Making full use of that huge driveway!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Top Man, what a nice thing to do. :)

Civic Type R FN2

Great news mate, been following the thread since last night. Glad it's turned up! 2 miles away though? A very local nicking scheme they've got going on...bit stupid don't you think. It's like nicking my neighbors Land Rover and leaving it on my drive with no plates. "Uh yeah, it's mine..honest! I picked it up last night at about 2am"

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

What they tend to do is steal the car and park it somewhere they can monitor.

They tend to have a "spotter" who will keep an eye on it for a few days and if no one turns up they will take it and strip it for parts.

It's sad but that's how they do it. You'll find the person that took it either has a view to there from where they live or someone they know does.

Great news on getting it back though.

Status
Not open for further replies.