ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stolen - Cup, Northampton - Please Read

Hello all, as a recent Cup owner, I was absolutely devastated to wake this morning and found that our house had been broken into and my pride and joy taken - with the use of the keys!!

They broke in via our conservatory and found the keys, my handbag including purse etc. and Daves credit cards. Not good when you consider we were taking the car to the Ring this weekend. :mad:

Rang 999 and the police were really good by sending out 2 burgulary support personnel out within a few hours and then A SOCO to do a rather fruitless job of finding fingerprints. He said this is becoming more and more common which is worrying.

So, if anyone sees my car: HK 53 OHR around any area - lets face it, it could be anywhere, please call the police.

Thanks for your time

Clare

TDI tyre shreader

Sorry to hear about that, what is your area? Ill keep my eyes pealed if its near me

sorry to hear that clare...hope it all works out well in the end...

i recently had a subaru and used to jump up at any noise in the middle of the night, now the buggers are after our cups!! well its time they met my baseball bat, oh and my 2 f**king big boxer dogs...!!

ill keep my eye open as im in kettering near northampton. if i see it about ill give the police a bell and let you know on here

real sorry to hear bout that, let us know where bouts u r n i will keep my eyes open.

luckly we dont have the problem of of w**kers stealin our cars where im from (not yet anyways) but that doesnt stop the lil b******s breakin in and takin everything you own from the car and damaging it, with bricks, crowbars or anything they ca think of!

think i might get a staffie in my new place and let it sleep in my car (i am moving to Colchester, ok its not manchester or anywhere, but it would stop the lil f**ks wanting to try)! then theres my b.f waiting with a baseball bat and pistol...

Thanks guys, Im in Duston, west side of Northampton. It didnt have the lip spoiler bit yet if that helps?!

Apparently, alot of cars stolen in this area end up in Birmingham and Nottingham from what I understand from the police. I am hoping the stupid little buggers decide to use our credit cards! At least well be able to track them.....

Quote: Originally posted by supasexyspeedy on 23 June 2004

luckly we dont have the problem of of w**kers stealin our cars where im from
We dont have that problem or didnt think we did. Our postcode is one of the better ones for (lack of) crime in Northampton!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

I have taken down your REG, i live on the outskirts of Northampton on the other side of the M1, i will keep my eyes open.

Thanks everyone, I am really keeping my eyes peeled and have already been driving around the seedier areas of Northampton today.....

BTW, distinguishing features include a scuff underneath the drivers door mirror due to a stone flicking up and marking the paintwork, and a slight chip to the door itself where Dave hit it against our house! (Doh!)

P.s. its only money, but Ill still kill the feckers ;)

Clio

i live near brum and i have ur reg on my sunvisoir now if i spot it I WILL PERSONALLY RIP THE FECKER OUT OF THE CAR AND SMASH HIS FACE IN I HATE THESE SCUM WENEVER I GO OUT I ALWAYS TAKE BOTH SETS OF KEYS WITH ME IF I KNOW MY CAR IS STAYING ON THE DRIVE

they should b locked away for 15 years

had my company car nicked 3 moths ago the checky fecker sat outside my work and held the horn down only to see him race off in it :mad: at 4am lucky he didnt stall it other wise i would be doing time now ...

scum scum scum

Sorry to hear that!

My golfs alarm went off at 5.30am (first time ever)

I ran out to find my side exit (ususually bolted) banging in the wind and the golf open but nowt stolen?

I too will keep my eyes peeled for your car.

I keep my keys under my pillow my asleep and also a baseball bat under my bed just in case these days...lol

When my 5GTT was stolen from an airport carpark 18 months ago they changed the numbers plates very quickly and it was only found 4 weeks later because it was involed in a police chase for speeding and killed the driver and my car....

hope they find your intact...

Another reason I like the idea of having my RAC Tracker on my V6.

Simon.

Arse holes!

Same thing happened to my car, was never found. They got my dads back though.

Now my car sits between two collapsable posts every night.

I know im helping but you only learn to be cautious after you get burgaled..then go OTT like we have, safes and house alarm, special front/back doors etc. People tend to keep buying what they like and leave security for another day..

-Rob

Clio

yep trackers rock my uncles mate had his p1 found just hours after it was stolen it was on a car park with the widow smashed and tyes slashed .

they weckon the t**sers coulnt find the tracker (which was in the front bumper) in time so they legged it . ha ha ha police 1 twocers 0

Really sorry to hear that Clare. I think i saw you in your cup on sunday driving down Bants lane in Duston.I drive the cup thats always parked up in Duston outside the squirrells pub.Ill keep an eye out for it.Its got me worried cos i live in Duston too.

Alfa Mito 155TB

How about having a drive around kingsthorpe and moulten park...go up acre land and stuff ..that is where i would look. But after nine onwards

Wheres Acre Lane? Is that where the boy racers hang out? I dunno, but this stinks of a professional job.

Sid, my neighbour nearly called the police cos she saw your car parked up in the village!

Oh well, may get a 182 out of this, who knows..... Still makes me cry like the typical girl that I am!

Elise/VX220/R26

bad news m8. They call this a hannoy type theft. Very popular these days due to immobilisers etc on new cars.

Clio 197

Clare,

I read about the break in but only saw that the keys were stolen. Didnt realise they got the car. You can take mine for a spin (not literally of course) if you would like to this weekend.

At least they left the Jahreskarte!

All the best,

Ed

Quote: Originally posted by D-CUP on 23 June 2004

Another reason to keep car keys well hidden. I recommend Nunchaku over a baseball bat aswell.

I may do more damage to myself with a Nunchaku though..lol

Think I will stick to my baseball bat....or maybe treat myself to a shotgun..lol :)

Simon.

I had a similar experience when someone tried to nick my scooby. Hope everything is OK and they find your car (although whether you want it back after the experience is another matter). I hoped the Cup would be less of a target so its worrying to hear that people are targeting them too...

Ford Fiesta

they will target anything, if they hadnt have got your keys they would not have taken it.

blackjax might have helped....?

real shame that, i too have made a note and will keep eyes out, sorry to hear about this.

Liam

No news as yet, dont think Ill ever see it again, do you?

It was blue, totally standard with the scuff mark near the drivers mirror as said before, and a silver Nurburgring stick above the "clio" lettering at the back. It also had a brand new alloy wheel and tyre in the boot still with the stickers on!!!

Probably been stolen to order, so no doubt its no longer HK 53 OHR any more.......

Clio 197

Clare,

Dont you know that there is a law against putting a ring sticker on a car that has not yet completed a lap of the ring?

Penalty: confiscation of the car. Those werent theives. They were the Polizei.

See you this weekend?

Ed

Hi Ed,

Yeah, I was wrong in doing that, but was getting it ready! You will see us this weekend in the 944 - Dave posted on the Ringers list about it all as you may have seen.

Thanks for the offer of a spin - not literally - in your car, but I wouldnt feel comfortable in driving a car that wasnt mine if you know what I mean - AND the bloody steering wheels on the WRONG side!!! ;)

Ive made a note of the reg, Ill keep my eyes open in Wellingborough and Peterborough.

At least they didnt take the porker! And at least you two are ok, I guess it could have been alot worse.

I hate that kind of theft, commiserations.

One thing I would say though, to those that mentions keys under pillows and baseball bats; no one wants this to happen to them for sure, but Ive heard on other forums of people being woken up by shouting in the house. They had burglars downstairs shouting threats at them, asking where the car keys were. Put yourself in their shoes, imagine that happening to you, especially if you had kids in the house. You wouldnt know if these people were armed in any way and quite frankly I wouldnt want to find out. At the end of the day a car is a lump of metal that can be replaced, if someone broke into my house in the middle of the night and was threatening to stab me or my other half for the sake of a set of car keys, I wouldnt hesitate to hand them over or tell them where they were. Sod being macho, you never know what these people are like.

I think I might buy a big dog...!

Makes my blood boil just reading about it. These arseholes that go around either damaging or taking other peoples property (not just cars either)deserve to be tortured to death IMHO.

I hope that either you get it back in good shape (realistically not the likeliest scenario from past experience) or the insurance company get you into a spanky Cupd up 182.

Trackers are all well and good but in all honesty I am not sure I would ever feel the same about the car again knowing it had probably been hammered to within an inch of its life for god knows how many miles .. eek.

Hope it all turns out for the best I really do.