ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stone chip protectors???

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Clear plastic that sticks on near rear arches to protect paint.

Any ideas where i can get this from??????

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Davehughes said:
i want these but cant never find them ???

If i can't find any soon going to get them made up.

Most makers have them, like clear plastic to deflect stones etc.

Elise/VX220/R26
I've got armourend on my vx, its good stuff. The cars 4 years old and doesnt have a single stone chip on it anywhere. You can see the film, its impossible not to when it gets dirt at the side of the film parts but you do get used to it. If I'm honest I'd probably rather pay for a blow over every couple of years than have the visible film but mine has been on the car since new so I didnt get any choice :D

I've been in touch with Paint Shield who quoted around £400 for a full application (front bumper, bonnet, wings, lower sills, lower wings, door mirrors, etc.). I'm guessing there's no point doing it unless you car's new - it'd just go on over all you're existing stone chips... Bloody expensive but I was only looking for a small bit to protect me roof where my roof rack :eek: makes contact with it.

But, if anyone with a new shape clio/197 is looking for a good deal on it, contact them as they're looking for a car to develop a kit for - they talked about doing it for £150/£200 as a deal for that.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Been in touch with a company that does kits for bentleys etc.

Going to mark out on the car photo & send to him to assess what can be made.