ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stone Chip Re paint Quote

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Hi, I have a small stone chip on the bonnet which has gone slightly rusty, and I want rectifying, just wondered how much this would be to get resprayed, or could a "chips away" or similar do it?

Thanks

IMG_0106-1.png

It could be cheaper just to get a second-hand bonnet in the same colour. There are so many Clios being broken these days that parts are easy to come-by.

Depends where it is on the bonnet? if i where you id look for smart repairers in the area, see if they have a site, send them a close up possibly with some thing next to the chip for size, and a further away shot of the bonnet for reference, email it over and ask for a price, thats what i did with my dents and got a good quote.

If it was me, id possibly find some anti rust treatment, do that, wipe it off, get a touch up paint kit, touch it in... flat it and polish it.

Last edited:
  Astra GSI, 172, Golf
dont let a smart repair man do it..

if its close ish to a wing then budget for the wing to be blown in aswell, upto 200 sounds about right.. maby a touch more depending on were you go etc

Static Low
Don't do smart repair. Bonnet respray about £120. You should probably get it blown into the wings too, so maybe about £200ish.

Punto/Clio GTT
smart repair there is fine mate if its convenient for you for him to come to your house. just think though a bodyshop could knock that out in a few hours for under £80 aswell

The bumper does have some other small scuffs and a small crack at the bottom where the previous owner had a high drive, he said 80 for the scuff alone, or 140 for the crack to be propperly bonded and that side to be sprayed along with the scuff which is on the passengers.

However there is some slight scratches on the drivers as well, but i could sort these with a touch up pen and a wet flat...

How much do you think a front bumper spray should cost? i could remove the bumper myself saving costs but id lose the car for a day or two :(

Punto/Clio GTT
140 seems about right for the repairs aswell, he'll probably knock 20 quid off if you remove n refit the bumper yourself

just be careful though. if its cracked and hes repairing it, you want 2 people to fit it back on very carefully incase you damage the cracked repair again

Ok cheers mate, was quoted 200 to get the whole bumper resprayed, might find a slightly better quote and get that done some time in the summer, belts and exhaust first.