ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stop exhaust mount sagging?

Hi, is this possible on the 172? Bought a new exhaust mount just last month and already the exhaust is sagging a little, how can you stop this as it looks rubbish when it's not flush against the bumper!

Ph1
Only thing you can do i belive is incert mini bits of pipe through the holes and tie wrap them in place.

There are pictures on here somewhere

ph quick
i just got some other exhaust rubbers and chopped them to fill the gaps, then stabbed a screwdriver through to put a plastic tie throught to hold in palce

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yep, easy solution

01092007209.jpg

ha ha that looks ace!

Where do you get the tubing that size from?

It looks like copper with a rubber surround!

Megane 225+
I had trouble with mine sagging for ages,

but it was actually twisting where the backbox joins the rest - I stuck on another clamp & did the two up very tight - no probs for a year at least.

Its worth checking this

Mondeo TDCI 130
Its 1/2 inch copper tubing mate, and a metre length of coolant hose that slides over the copper snugly, cut them into 3 little pieces, cable tie them in as in the pic and hey presto!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I used old tyre valves that were taken out of my old wheels. (pop in Kwik fit and ask for a couple) The tepred design means you can slide them in until it goes rock hard.

Used it for best part of 8000 miles with no probs. :)