ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STOP light came on

Clio MK 4
Was driving up this hill quite slowly due to traffic and my stop light kept flickering with the exclamation light (the one when hand brake is on) stayed on for 2 secs flickerd and then never happened again. Is this serious?

1.8 RSI
From mike@rentech's guide.

To do this remove engine cover, four 30 torx bolts.
Brake fluid cap can be seen at the back of the engine to the right hand side, unscrew and top up.

Clio MK 4
It did it again at the exact same spot. Going up this hill in 1st as there was traffic and it flickerd. So wierd how it the exact same road and spot.

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
your brake fluid is low mate, when on a hill the car is tilted so the stop light tells on indicating there is low fluid if you get what i mean? it happen to me before, just top it up and bingo =)

feels good to give advise haha

RenaultSport Clio 182
your brake fluid is low mate, when on a hill the car is tilted so the stop light tells on indicating there is low fluid if you get what i mean? it happen to me before, just top it up and bingo =)

feels good to give advise haha

Bang on! I had it do the same to me always on the same road! Was freaking me out! Just topped up the fluid and no problems since :)