ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Storage Solutions

Bumder With A Buffer
After recently purchasing my self a new house I now actually have a garage (albeit small) to store stuff in.

So rather then just dumping stuff in the shed/garage I want to sort it out properly. I want some shelving of some description but not sure if I want metal racks.

One thought was getting/finding some old kitchen units from someone and installing them so I have worktops to use as well (I also want space for my electronic whazzing/repairing I do)

Anyone got any other solutions/ideas to throw my way? The garage wont be used for "detailing" as its not big enough. I have plenty of space outside for that....(you'll love my new car! :eek:)

IMAG0239.jpg

In the winter time it has to hosue our wabbits too and I didnt like the idea of heavy metal racks...plus I think they look tacky. I quite like the idea of finding some old kitchen units or something?

Need to redo the floor in it too as its not exactly flat.

Bumder With A Buffer
Thing is where the racking will go is near the doors so it can't be too high as the door will catch on it. So Id have a 2 tier rack which TBH seems pointless. Might as well just fill some of those plastic boxes up and stack them on top of each other.

Clio 182
I really want a garage! Depends what sort of money your willing to invest, if on a budget just get some pallets and knock something together yourself?

Bumder With A Buffer
Old kitchen cupboards and worktops?

TBH that's what im thinking.

I keep looking at the "nice" garages over on DW and would love to have the space sone of those have :)

Im keeping my eye out for some old black kitchen units

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love the little shelf of stuff then the cupboards. Perfect!

RS6 C7
A garage needs to be dirty! , I need to sort my one out though, Got tonnes of racking but i really like the idea of work units from a kitchen and maybe that flooring as floor paint is s**t.

Bumder With A Buffer
I need to get my garage floor levelled as well as there is chunks out of it.

Just found some old kitchen units in my town for £12...thank you gumtree!

Christ what am I doing I haven't even finished the inside of the house yet!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
If you want to maximise space, have one of the work tops on heavy industrial hinges, that you can keep flush on the wall or lower/raise when you want to work. A bit like an ironing board, but connected to the wall. Needs to have a strong support/base mechanism when up and being used though! A bit more time and effort, but worth it if you have a small garage and are going to be there a while.

I did the same thing last month, installed a kitchen into the garage, not finished yet, still needs doors and worktops to pop on. Here are a few pictures I have handy on my phone but will get some better ones, once complete.
More wall units have been added since

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1329127501736.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329127501736.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 29
  • uploadfromtaptalk1329127553990.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329127553990.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 24
  • uploadfromtaptalk1329127586732.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329127586732.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 30
  Sprint 172
Just finished fitting kitchen cabinets in mine. They were second hand but with new doors and a £30 Wickes worktop.
EDIT - just noticed there is already a link to my DW thread!
units1.jpg

units2.jpg

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
That DW thread has given me some real inspiration for the garage at home.

Just measured up and I reckon I'd have little bit more width than him which surprised me and its about half as long as that again. Needs a good sort out, lots of old stuff taken to the tip, a lick of paint on the floor and it should be pretty good. Going to put a week aside to do it, Easter I reckon. Even my dad has agreed it's a good idea, although I suppose he would as its his garage that'd be getting a sorting!

Bumder With A Buffer
Likewise. I don't mind saying I'm going to pinch a lot of those ideas. Or at least base mine on that roughly.