ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Straight-through zorst

"Navy" N17 TWO

I currently have a Remus duplex upswept backbox (R3OBCs old one) on the dci

Is it possible to upgrade to a straight-through exhaust and keep the backbox on ?

If so, how much would it cost and will it pass MOT ?

Thanks for any hints
Trev

2005 Impreza WRX STI

if u put a decat on mate it will prob fail....not all do though so its a tough one! not that hard to change over though!

"Navy" N17 TWO

how much would 1 cost (roughly) ?

worth changing? - what difference will it make, if any?

a dci is uauslly harder to fail on an emmision test as its particulates not gas thats measured the fabia seems to have no prob with decats and passing tests not saying clio is same tho

The diesel has an smoke test on its MOT so failing will be difficult on that.

The cat on a dci would be a right pain to do as its right behind the turbo best idea is to buy another one and smash the internals out of it or get a fabrication company to build an identical pipe with the same bends.

Decat wont make any extra power it will help speed up spool buy an amount youll barly be able to tell and is likly to lead to spikes in first and second gear so you might throw an engine warning light. Diesels arnt like petrol they wont make extra power from more air unless they are smoking.

Best idea is to get a rema/tunning box (although not both unless you want to melt your engine).

or get a turbo back exhaust of a bigger dia then spool up will be better and get you more power too as the downpipe will be restrictive they usually are

"Navy" N17 TWO

edde you are a man of words - big confusing ones :p

I know sh1t from gravy about engines - there is a guy selling a t-box on the site

Is it the reccomended box or is there any better ones around?

remap sounds much too expensive for me but I wouldnt mind getting a few extra bhp from the dci - I was thinking;

t-box ?
bigger turbo ? (100dci turbo maybe)
panel filter ?
straight-through zorst or a decat? - will this make the zorst sound any different?

Not sure if those mods would help or not :confused: