ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange CD Player Prob

Hi all,

The cd player in my 182 has started clicking really loud when the ignition is first switched on whether there is a cd in or not. It sounds as if its trying to find a cd and goes off after 10 seconds or so. The strange thing is when it stops clicking the cd plays perfect?

I was going to take it to Renault but apparently they have to send it back to France for repair?

Also, what are the metal pin hook things used to pull the cd player out called as I can't find them anywhere?

Thanks

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Halfords sell the 'U' shaped removal pins for about £3. Don't think they come with the car.

I just used 4 thin drill bits to get it out quite easily.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Dazz said:
Hi all,

The cd player in my 182 has started clicking really loud when the ignition is first switched on whether there is a cd in or not. It sounds as if its trying to find a cd and goes off after 10 seconds or so. The strange thing is when it stops clicking the cd plays perfect?

I was going to take it to Renault but apparently they have to send it back to France for repair?

Also, what are the metal pin hook things used to pull the cd player out called as I can't find them anywhere?

Thanks

Mine used to do this in my 172 . The cd player worked fine but it used to click like mad when i first put the key in the ignition or turned off the ignition ,sometimes longer than others , sometimes it didn't do it at all .

I've seen a few people post on here with the same problem . As it was over 2 years old they wouldn't fix it .

Bent metal coat hanger to remove the headunit .

COATHANGER.jpg