ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange driving/steering feeling

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
Since a few days it feels like I'm driving over small bricks or little gaps in the road, or it feels as there are square things on my tyres.
Also steering is a little strange.

What can this be? It's a 182 with 80000 miles

Thanks

It's not very bad, but it feels strange and don't feel very safe. When I accelerate harder, it can be less

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i find the steering very sensitive if the tyre tread is low

Can someone tell me what

ball joints are?
anti roll bar?

Don't know those English words

Thank you

:)

Sold my 172 at 120 000 miles and the new owner still drives it without probs.
BUT this one, I believe it is

Cup'd Monaco 172
I would guess its either wishbone bushes, badly worn tyres or the steering rack.

Check there's no play in the rack. Jack up the front and check both wheels for play.

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
I have this problem as well, 04 plate 182, 50k on the clock, feels like the front is really light, the tyres are just about half a ml from the legal limit, gonna change this and see what happens.

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
hmm, anyone had any more luck with this, really doesnt feel like i am in control of the car, very loose, but when i jack it up ther esi no play, it seems to really torque steer now aswell, how do i check if it is the rack?