ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange electrical faults

Clio Dci
Hi everyone,

Got a few problems with my clio which I believe are all linked in!

Firstly my clock will not remember the time, every time you turn the ignition off it forgets the time!

Which brings me too the interior lights they only work if the ignition is turned on, if you turn it off none of the interior lights work!

Do you think these two could be linked? If so any ideas what it could be?

Also my Full beam won't work, I can't flash or put full beam on.. The blue light doesn't come up on the dash! I've put power to the fuse board and they do flash so the problem is from the stalk too the fuse board! Is there anything common for this??

Sorry for the essay! Any help would be gratefully received!!

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
The first two faults sound like it's a permanent live fault. The clock should have a permanent live feed to allow it to remember the time and the lights should also have one to work when you first open the doors.

Clio Dci
I haven't yet mick! Is there one in particular to look at? As not 100% sure what does what! Whereabouts is the fuse for the perm live?

Could it be a ground issue or not really?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Without seeing it that's honestly an impossible question to answer. Check them all, it won't take you 5mins.

clio dynamique
I've just recently turned the car on and the stereo(not standard Clio stereo) would not turn on, the clock now only shows when full beam is on and it's definitely not the actual stereo as I have also tried a different one. It just doesn't turn on, any ideas on how to fix this??? Any help would be much appreciated (2004 Renault Clio dynamique)

Clio 182
Change the blown fuse? Your aftermarket stero should have 2 power sources (yellow) and (red), one will be ignition and one constant. I'd imagine if your clocks not working correctly it will be constant, you will need a manual or multimeter to identify

Clio Dci
Checked all the fuses yet in the passenger side fuse box?

I've checked the fuses, found the fuse for the interior light had blown. Replaced it and yet more problems! Now once this fuse had been changed the interior light worked and function correctly going off when you close the doors, but i have an aftermarket stereo which now turned itself on and stayed on (worked perfectly before with regards to going off with the ignition) and also the clock now lights up and remembers the time, but it is constantly lit up? I'm not sure if this is suppose to do that?

Could the stereo issue be the two wires behind that you switch around?

Any help would be great :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Something obviously not right with the stereo circuit then AJ. Remove the wiring and then check the cars loom is functioning correctly with the aid of a multi-meter.

Clio Dci
Raising this thread from the dead! I've since fitted the original stereo back in, with the fuse again interior lights work correctly, clock functions correctly but the stereo stays on. I can turn it off with a press of a button, is there any fuses I can check that maybe hidden away? Did a bit of googling and there's one under the ashtray? Is this true?
Also when I turn the car off the display stays lit up like so... is this normal or not?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419963479958.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419963479958.jpg
    441.8 KB · Views: 43