ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange iPhone > MacBook > MBP Question

Searched all over the net for this, but can't find specifically what I'm looking for.

Had my MacBook for a few years now, so I decided to get a MBP. Migrated everything over fine, then I came to iTunes. Dumped all my music/videos/apps onto my external HD ready to plug into the MBP and noticed there are a s**t load of apps in iTunes on the MacBook that are not on my iPhone (presumably apps that were previously on the iPhone but were deleted). My question is, how do I go about having the iPhone as the 'hub' for apps? i.e. my MacBook/Pro will mimic the iPhone, so if an app is deleted from it then it will also be deleted from the MB. Or is this not possible? I guess I could just remove all the apps from iTunes and then plug the iPhone in and it'd copy all the current apps back onto the MacBook, but that would seem a bit Irish.

Ideally wanted to get this sorted before I move all my stuff to the MBP.

Apologies if that's not 100% clear.

Bus w**ker
Don't think you can. iTunes always shows all the apps you have ever downloaded, but only syncs the ones you tell it to on to your phone. Doesn't really cause you any harm, I've got well in excess of 300 apps showing in iTunes but I doubt even a quarter of that on my phone. You could delete them out of iTunes I suppose and then resync, but it may just pull all your previous downloads back in to iTunes from the store/cloud.

I don't think that's possible. AFAIK all purchased apps will always show in iTunes, and you have to check or uncheck which ones you want on your devices. Per device. You can of course setup iTunes to automatically download apps purchased on other devices.

Not sure why you'd want to delete an IOS app from the Mac. It's not like it's installed or anything. Just sitting there in what I think of as 'purchased list'. You could manually delete the data from your iTunes file tree, but that would seem a bit gay.

OK, thanks for the replies gents. If it can't be done then that's fine. Just thought I'd see if it was possible since it looks a bit untidy.

MBP is the TITS btw. Can't believe it's taken me this long to upgrade, it makes the MacBook look like a Gameboy. No doubt some more questions will be asked in future :eek: