ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange L/H/F abs sensor fault, help needed

LY Megane R26
Ok, so bit of history on the fault....

I had a slight issue on track a couple weeks back, wheel came off the hub slightly due to bolts unwinding themselves (I did check aswell before anyone comments, i checked after 15-20 mins of track and it was fine, wheel came off 2 hours later)
I was lucky as I had pulled straight over as soon as I felt steering wheel wobble so I was only doing 5-10mph max trying to get back to the pits to see what the problem was, but didn't make it this far and as it came off the hub the arch rested on the wheel. From this I thought id damaged the abs sensor by the looks of all the lights on the dash. Did diagnostics first to make sure it was an abs sensor and the live data showed it was the l/h one on front. But the fault code came up as unknown?

So I changed this yesterday, deleted the codes etc etc, cleaned everything up again made sure everything looked ok around that area. The lights all came back on today, checked the diagnostics again, and the same fault code came up, and the live data showed the l/h sensor not to be reading the same as the other 3.

So I'm really unsure where to go from here. I've also checked the fuse and that looks to be ok, abs ring is fine I also cleaned that up and there's no breaks in it. All wiring looks fine. Only things I haven't got close to yet is the abs unit it's self as it was dark by the time I'd done all other checks.

there seams to be something preventing the sensor from reading the correct speed, it does give a speed but it's always a lot lower than the others, it'll read either 0kmph, or between 1-4 fluctuating rather than being progressive like the others, and the fastest I went up to on the other sensors was 11kmph, as I only went down the road and back. So it's clearly reading just not the correct speed.

Does any one else have any ideas? Or had this problem before? Or suggestions to check/replace

Oh and I also used a genuine Bosch sensor, not a Micky mouse one.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Is the sensor fitted correctly? If the sensor isn't close enough to the abs ring, it won't read correctly.

LY Megane R26
Yer it all went together ok, I cleaned up the hub where the sensor goes, and it defiantly went all the way in.
As far as I can tell its fitted correctly though

I haven't checked it against the other side actually, I noticed the passenger side sits about 5mm away from the ring, probably less. Hard to say off top my head tbh