ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange noise coming from somewhere!

Megane 225 baby! :)

Right, at first I thought it was the exhaust but its not - thankfully :confused:!!!

Now I am not sure where the noise is coming from - sometimes the front, sometimes the back!!! Only seems to happen when I am moving and has only just started over the last couple of days, so was thinking it was something rubbing but have looked at all obvious things - wheels etc but it all looks normal! but then what do i know?!? :oops:

I know the above is not a great description, but I would prefer to embarress myself here, rather than at a garage. Anyone got any ideas on what it could be?!? :oops:

If its only when your moving then i might be able point you in the right direction. The noise comes from the wheel on the drivers side if yours has the same problem as my old clio. Wheel trims seem to amplify the sound and it is very annoying. I think it is probably the wheel bearing or maybe the brake sensors are knocking against the brake disk. Changing the wheel does not solve it. Prob the bloody bearing. I never solved it.

You got bigger wheels Sawa? My 17s rubbed like mad on the plastic trim inside the front bumper when I first got them and lowered it. They dont rub no more tho.... burnt a big hole through it.... heheheh

Made a hollow whirring noise on long bends

Megane 225 baby! :)

nope standard wheels still :( ah well, looks like its a trip to a local kwik fit type place or garage for someone to have a look at it! :cry:

i gotta the same sortta prob?? mine is really bad though.... also my car wuz lopsided? so i had new spring fitted again!! (spax -35mm). already had set put on in june.... anyways problem looks like its could be bearing or the lowwer arm?? wheel is kinda loose??!?! ish .... oh yeah it is on tight!>;)

goes in garage again next week!.........garage visit number 5!