ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange noise on full lock

actively looking
Had a look through the common problems section and couldnt find anything, iv got an 02 plate 172 and on full lock and moving it makes this really strange noise which i cant really describe the closest thing i can say it sounds like is the noise the indicators make (but it isnt the indicators)

I used to have an 02 plate corsa and on full lock the electric power steering used to just stop working so dont know if this is a clio electric power steering quirk.

Any ideas?

Cheers

172 Race Car
could be strut top knocking. do a search for that and see if it sounds similar to your problem. Funny enough my 02 plate flame red had this

actively looking
Its bizare i cant really work out where its coming from i did see those threads i'll have a look into it tonite

actively looking
hmm dont think its driveshaft....theres no vibration or any feeling that anythings wrong in the steering its just a noise

clio 172,astra 1.6, rs125
mine makes a funny knocking noise on full lock but only when turning right, my solution is dont put it on full lock when turning right lol

Honda ATR
Its probably either strut mounts I think renault do a mod for them. Or it might be knackerd CV joint, jack the car up and have a feel for any freeplay also check the gaiter for any leaks.

172 Race Car
mine only did it on full lock and right turns. get some of those washers for the strut tops or get some made. worked a treat on mine.

actively looking
mine only did it on full lock and right turns. get some of those washers for the strut tops or get some made. worked a treat on mine.

Hope it is just that then because that will be a nice easy fix :)

172 Race Car
Ive got some washers if u want, had two sets made up

Difficult to say for sure if its that without hearing it

S3, HD Nightster
I've got this noise too. Only on right lock. Where can I get the mentioned washers from? Or what size are they to get some made/buy some?