ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange noise ?

Astra H vxr
Hi people right got a slight question is abit awkward to explain so I'l give the best example I got..... I got home from work yesterday without any Knocks or taps. Got In the car this morning to go to work and noticed a weird tap tap tap noise I can't hear it when driving normal speeds 20-30-40mph ect..... Just seems as I slow down about 10mph it makes a tick tap tick tap noise from the passenger front wheel area ? It's not a loud noise but it's there I've jacked the car up and took the wheel over to see if anything looks loose ect.... But all seems fine , just wondered if anyone could shed some light on what it could possible be ? Drive shaft ? Clutch ? Bearings ? Gearbox :/ ? Ect? Had track rod ends done 2weeks ago so shouldn't be them? Also how do I go about checking the stuff ? Like before if it's a drive shaft will it stop if I turn ect ? Although it doesn't lol just an example ? Thanks Adam

Astra H vxr
I've just took the car around the block a few times to try get a better hear off the noise It doesnt stop when I - press the clutch roll in neutral or when I turn around a corner , dont Know if that helps anyone ? But it a noise like it rotates and every time the wheel does a 360 It does it ? Like if I marked the top of the wheel with a marker every time it goes around and gets to the top it taps ? That's the easiest was I can explain sorry people hope this helps lol

Astra H vxr
didnt know theres a right way off putting on wheel nuts lol ? i took the wheel off and put it back on and it still making same noise ?

renault clio 1.2 16V
jack the car up and give the wheel a good wiggle lol it could be a ball joint maybe? if the wheel has excess movement then thats your answer iirc

Astra H vxr
Right this is a strange one it's not actually coming from the front altho it sounds like it when I drive it, I got the misses to drive the car while I hang out the window and it's actually coming from the back lol so in that case I assume it's the wheel bearing ? Thanks fr your replys :)

renault clio 1.2 16V
all i can think of is ball joint or like lloydy said check that the wheel nuts are on securely