ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange noise ?

Astra H vxr
Hi people right got a slight question is abit awkward to explain so I'l give the best example I got..... I got home from work yesterday without any Knocks or taps. Got In the car this morning to go to work and noticed a weird tap tap tap noise I can't hear it when driving normal speeds 20-30-40mph ect..... Just seems as I slow down about 10mph it makes a tick tap tick tap noise from the passenger front wheel area ? It's not a loud noise but it's there I've jacked the car up and took the wheel over to see if anything looks loose ect.... But all seems fine , just wondered if anyone could shed some light on what it could possible be ? Drive shaft ? Clutch ? Bearings ? Gearbox :/ ? Ect? Had track rod ends done 2weeks ago so shouldn't be them? Also how do I go about checking the stuff ? Like before if it's a drive shaft will it stop if I turn ect ? Although it doesn't lol just an example ? Thanks Adam

Astra H vxr
I've just took the car around the block a few times to try get a better hear off the noise It doesnt stop when I - press the clutch roll in neutral or when I turn around a corner , dont Know if that helps anyone ? But it a noise like it rotates and every time the wheel does a 360 It does it ? Like if I marked the top of the wheel with a marker every time it goes around and gets to the top it taps ? That's the easiest was I can explain sorry people hope this helps lol

Astra H vxr
didnt know theres a right way off putting on wheel nuts lol ? i took the wheel off and put it back on and it still making same noise ?

renault clio 1.2 16V
jack the car up and give the wheel a good wiggle lol it could be a ball joint maybe? if the wheel has excess movement then thats your answer iirc

Astra H vxr
Right this is a strange one it's not actually coming from the front altho it sounds like it when I drive it, I got the misses to drive the car while I hang out the window and it's actually coming from the back lol so in that case I assume it's the wheel bearing ? Thanks fr your replys :)

renault clio 1.2 16V
all i can think of is ball joint or like lloydy said check that the wheel nuts are on securely