ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

strange question how to drive a cup...

Morning all - after some advice really.

Had my cup a day now - traded my vtr in for it yesterday and am absolutely loving it! I have to admit Im struggling with getting the power down! It seems to only really kick in, in the 4-5k range on the rev counter - does this mean I have to rag it in every gear to get it shifting?!!?

Any tips would be great!

Thanks!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Id say mate, hold it in 3rd and 4th gears at 4k+ and its just on the edge. Ive had mine 18mths now so have got used to driving it.

Remeber, and I dont mean to sound like an old git, but youve had it 1 day right. Rome wasnt built in a day and lots of enthusiasm and the Cup are a bit combination. Take it from me, someone who knows how to do a grands worth of damage inside 6 weeks of ownership, the cup is VERY un-forgiving.

Nippy white cup

Itll loosen up pretty well m8. They pull well low down but really come alive after they come on cam. Think std peak power is 6700rpm (not sure tho)

chris

Weeman sucks ****

Mine got better after about 3000 & 20000-22000 miles, loosened up nicely. Must say though, and this is sad, I stall mine all the time. Not the easiest or best clutch/biting point Ive come accross IMO.

agreed! ^^^^ Although ive put the standard airbox back on after a K&N and it seems a little less stallable than before, not know why.

Clio Cup - Yamaha R6

Yup I still stall mine occasionally :oops: and ive done over 5000 miles in it now in 3 months.

ATS

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

I find the lack of biting point (or a noticeable one!) a nightmare, especially as when I stall it, I feel like a plank, so have to plant my right foot to get away from the scene of the "crime" to save my embarrassment (sp!)

The engine does like to be worked IMO, but like the lads have said, dont go too mad, too quickly...had mine since end of April, and Im still learning about it now.

How true about that fecking biting point. Worst thing is the usual sequence of events is to stall then upon restarting youll sit and spin the front wheels for what seems like a few minutes before finally getting going... doh!

I have to drive a 1.6 Focus for work in the week so as you can imagine the Cup feels proper quick when I get back in it.

Ive just spent all afternoon washing and waxing my car. Went down the town to get some money for tonight and stalled it twice on the way home lol.