ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange thing happened this morning

You know how every morning when you crank up the car, it started very rough and sometimes have to start twice and after a mile of driving everything seems fine again. I think its all to do with emission control.

Well, I started the car this morning, the car feels smooth, smooth to drive in the first few miles (doesnt have that dodgy throttle feeling where the car just lunges forward for no reason).

Could it be that I took off the Air Valve? When I installed the BMC CDA and unplug the vacuum thingy seal it off. Maybe the ECU thinks its ok to give more fuel?

nope.

All abot emissions, do a hot start where the at is up to temp and itll drive fine from the off.

Ive said it one ive said it a million times, it runs the engine extreemly lan to make the emissions for EURO 3 complience, until the cat is warmed up and can do its thing.